It’s been an incredible and ridiculous two weeks since we released DETOUR! There have been some crazy bumps, bugs, and so forth. But of course, we like focusing on the good stuff. And good stuff there is. On top of the ridiculous fun, DETOUR released in a state some would call… Ridiculously buggy. But those bugs are being squashed left and right. Today marks the first milestone in Operation: Make DETOUR Work Properly and Add Cool Stuff. DETOUR Version 1.1 has rolled out on Steam today, and all shall be wonderfully delighted at the changes in store. Not including all of the little things we’ve fixed, here is a list of the major changes, for your listful eyes.
DETOUR v1.1 Patch Notes
- Trucks no longer act strangely in multiplayer games. This is a very large fix and should smooth over the entire multiplayer experience.
- Random/Rare crashes some users were experiencing should no longer happen.
- Numpad keys should now work in text chat.
- Choose Team button now shows up properly in lobby when host has selected a team gametype.
- Sound should no longer default to 0, and sound preferences should maintain properly.
- Truck bubble cooldown increased from 18 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Nail cooldown increased from 15 seconds to 26 seconds.
- Holding backspace key now properly deletes characters in text chat.
- Rare error where player would be in the wrong factory on a Singleplayer Challenge.
- Graphics option added for “Use Hardware Mouse”, for players experiencing sluggish mouse cursor movement in the menus and game.
- Forest now has the proper item description in map editor.
- Player is now returned to Challenges menu after a challenge is completed.
- Certain challenge descriptions no longer pour over the edges of the menu.
- Lots of fixes involving different resolutions. This includes the hovering ‘tell-tales’ above trucks (pulled over, popped tire, EMP icons) now show up properly over the truck they are marking.
- Pressing T and Y in game no longer clears announcements and text chat already on screen.
Your multiplayer experience (you know, the one where you and 3 of your friends beat the tar out of eachother) will be better than ever! Remember, you can always pick up a 4-pack of DETOUR on the Steam store for you and your friends! (Or 4 random strangers!)
Here are some things we plan to address soon here-after.
- Various bug fixes and other issues we’d like to address
- Steam Achievements!
- Unlockable Truck Themes for use in multiplayer! (Via unlocking the Steam Achievements)
And last but not least, we can not thank those enough for selflessly have laid their gameplay experiences on the line to pick up DETOUR, submit feedback, report bugs, and help make it a better experience for the entire world.
Pardon Your Dust. You’ve earned it.