LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
cool4345 wrote:
Just had this question in my head... there was also another question i had which wasn't really important, but i forgot it anyway.

Co-op elements- what will the co-op be like in TDL? will you have to save teammates which have been wounded, will you be able to trade between players, will you be able to apply first aid to other people/throw ammo and weapons to other people?

There won't be any of that "player is down, hold E to get them back up" silliness. It will all be very fluid. You will help players the way you would help them in a real situation. If a zombie is grappling a friend, kill the zombie. You can drop weapons out of your inventory. Pretty straightforward situations like that.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Zag wrote:
cool4345 wrote:
It will all be very fluid. You will help players the way you would help them in a real situation. If a zombie is grappling a friend, kill the zombie. You can drop weapons out of your inventory. Pretty straightforward situations like that.

Say they are in a position where you can't hit the zombie, you will be able to pull them and have a mini 'tug of war' battle?
|-| TDL-FAQ |-| Suggestion-Archive |-| General-FAQ |-| Forum-Rules |-|
I am not a Sandswept developer. Just a Volunteer Mod!
Or send me a PM if you need any help!

My clan: Auzzie Bazzos

^ Top

waddlesticks wrote:
Say they are in a position where you can't hit the zombie, you will be able to pull them and have a mini 'tug of war' battle?

If you're in a position to grab your friend, you'd be in a position to hit the zombie. They'll be able to get out of grapples by themselves as well. Usually.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Zag wrote:
waddlesticks wrote:

If you're in a position to grab your friend, you'd be in a position to hit the zombie. They'll be able to get out of grapples by themselves as well. Usually.

No not like that, say they are being pulled out of a window. That type of thing.
|-| TDL-FAQ |-| Suggestion-Archive |-| General-FAQ |-| Forum-Rules |-|
I am not a Sandswept developer. Just a Volunteer Mod!
Or send me a PM if you need any help!

My clan: Auzzie Bazzos

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1)
I remembered another question i had, quite simple.. dual wielding firearms, a possibility?

^ Top

cool4345 wrote:
I remembered another question i had, quite simple.. dual wielding firearms, a possibility?

If they're one handed, yes. Dual wielding pistols will be possible, with the obvious downsides. (Less accuracy, not able to aim directly down sights, reloading takes a lot longer, and so on.)
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Showcased! (2) Backer! (1)
Don't make it easy to reload double pistols by slapping in a magazine from your pockets... no-one just picks up dualies for the first time and reloads LIKE A BAWS!!!
Cry "havoc!" and let slip the zombies of the coming apocalypse.

^ Top

Brett wrote:
Don't make it easy to reload double pistols by slapping in a magazine from your pockets... no-one just picks up dualies for the first time and reloads LIKE A BAWS!!!

For reference, I have actually held two pistols and tried to reload them.

Let's just say I would definitely get eaten by zombies.

But no, it's certainly doable. Just takes a lot more time than you see in video games like Call of Duty or Halo 2.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Zag wrote:
For reference, I have actually held two pistols and tried to reload them.

Let's just say I would definitely get eaten by zombies.

But no, it's certainly doable. Just takes a lot more time than you see in video games like Call of Duty or Halo 2.

Dunno how you're going to implement that skill then if you are but... GL. :P

^ Top

Brett wrote:

Longer reload animation. Pretty straightforward, as far as that goes.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Zag wrote:
Brett wrote:

So you're going to get faster reload as the more you use your weapons?

^ Top

Brett wrote:
Zag wrote:
Brett wrote:

So you're going to get faster reload as the more you use your weapons?

I was mostly referring to dual weapons -- we would extend the reload time since it is a trade-off.

We're still working out how much your skill over time will affect things like that. Lots of balance to do there!
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1)
First post of 2012 (i didn't want to ruin it but this doesn't really need its' own thread).

Holiday items: Yay or Nay?

I dunno about anyone else, but i personally would like to throw fireworks/ other explosive themed bonfire night items at zombies on bonfire night (guy fawkes night) and use sparklers, or possibly even use fireworks for signalling to other players (and zombies). Also, large bonfires.

Or christmas, having candy canes/mince pies etc which can be used for food, or santa hats/party hats. Christmas trees, fairy lights for decoration and light. Presents you can find with random items in them.

Halloween, candy which can be eaten.

Easter, eating chocolate eggs (or throwing them at zombies for the hell of it), or wearable bunny ears.

Stuff like that.

(and yes, some of these ideas might be a little too much, but i tried to not suggest anything like a santa costume or dressing up as a zombie or devil on halloween, it would be interesting but probably change the game too much, like hat fortress 2.)

^ Top

cool4345 wrote:
Holiday items: Yay or Nay?

Yay. We have some plans to add special items found only during holidays. (Which you can keep AFTER the holiday is over.)
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1)
Just a quick note, I will do a rather large update when I'm done catching up with all the latest ... machinations of the forums.
I'm ... not very coherent.

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Quick question, concerning the backpacks. Can you drop backpacks full of items. Say I'm in my base, and it's a complete emergency, literally get out as soon as you can or you're dead. Could I have an emergency backpack filled and throw it on before I leave my base?
I paid Fifty dollars to be hunted down, attacked, and stressed out by zombies. Does anyone else see a problem here?

^ Top

Fischer541 wrote:
Quick question, concerning the backpacks. Can you drop backpacks full of items. Say I'm in my base, and it's a complete emergency, literally get out as soon as you can or you're dead. Could I have an emergency backpack filled and throw it on before I leave my base?

Not in our current design. You will always have a backpack on. That IS your emergency backpack.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1) The Original Swert (1)
Zag, was I just assuming this or was it stated that we could get upgraded backpacks to increase inventory size but reduce speed? Also that's a good idea about the being able to drop a bag full of items. I think the ability to carry a dufflebag as like extra inventory space that you can carry and drop. It would slow you down of course. It would be great for meeting up and splitting up. Hey do you have some supplies I can use? Yeah take this bag it's just extra stuff.
No Signature

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Zag wrote:
Fischer541 wrote:

Not in our current design. You will always have a backpack on. That IS your emergency backpack.

I had this idea yesterday. I would really like to see it implemented.
Why Not?

^ Top

Backer! (1)
H4Z4RD wrote:
Zag wrote:
Fischer541 wrote:

I had this idea yesterday. I would really like to see it implemented.

Aye I was thinking of a 'Bug-out' kit. Say my clan is doing something, in the base, and they don't exactly have all their weapons etc on them. Grab the pack and get the hell out of dodge.
I paid Fifty dollars to be hunted down, attacked, and stressed out by zombies. Does anyone else see a problem here?

^ Top

Back to Top of Page