LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Phone games: RTS or TBS
Real Time Strategy 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Turn Based Strategy 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 3
Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
I was thinking today, which would be better on a phone. I mean, RTS are generally more fun IMO but if someone did a words with friends type thing where your alerted when its your turn and you can play with multiple people, I think it could surpass any phone RTS.
Why Not?

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
I'd go turn base, RTS would be great but using your fingers on a game like that would possibly get challenging or even annoying (Since speed counts).

Unless there is a RTS in which you don't need to worry about speed and can take your time (Phones seem to be more of a casual form of gaming).

A bit off-topic in a off-topic discussion *Wink Wink Creativeness*
Imaging a RTS in which if you do 2v2 its more of that somebody can work on doing what they like most (eg. farming or military) So per say you prefer to do the economics you are put towards doing that (You can do other stuff but thats your priority) whilst other players get put as military, diplomat and so forth.

Then imagine this bit... You have your own, individual character with its unique stats! :3
|-| General-FAQ |-| Forum-Rules |-|
I'm not a Sandswept dev. Just a Volunteer Mod!
PM if you need any help!

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
waddlesticks wrote:
A bit off-topic in a off-topic discussion *Wink Wink Creativeness*
Imaging a RTS in which if you do 2v2 its more of that somebody can work on doing what they like most (eg. farming or military) So per say you prefer to do the economics you are put towards doing that (You can do other stuff but thats your priority) whilst other players get put as military, diplomat and so forth.

Then imagine this bit... You have your own, individual character with its unique stats! :3

Sounds like a cool concept. Having multiple people controlling an army/civilization/country and fighting other countries would make for pleasant gameplay IMO.

Plus, who doesn't love leveling up/creating/controlling their own character!
Why Not?

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Indeed!

Now imagine a massive map right, 4-5 civilizations.
4-5 civilizations controlled by players (have AI units still as well)

Each place has a the king (chosen player by others) also has a diplomat (To negotiate is all about communicating with other civs/AI towns, have to actually go to them) head researcher (upgrades from the medieval times to modern) and the military commander. (More then just these)

Players that are a high enough rank (out of game rank) can start of with there own village for there civ ect ect

Actually... Thats enough detail for now ;)
PM if you need any help!

^ Top

Tell me more :P

Anyways, the only problem I see is people cant always be active, so you can do others job, but are limited on the ability to do them.
Why Not?

^ Top

Backer! (1)
waddlesticks wrote:
Indeed!

Now imagine a massive map right, 4-5 civilizations.
4-5 civilizations controlled by players (have AI units still as well)

Each place has a the king (chosen player by others) also has a diplomat (To negotiate is all about communicating with other civs/AI towns, have to actually go to them) head researcher (upgrades from the medieval times to modern) and the military commander. (More then just these)

Players that are a high enough rank (out of game rank) can start of with there own village for there civ ect ect

Actually... Thats enough detail for now ;)

It sounds like you have a lot of really good app/ video game ideas.
zag wrote:
AUDIENCE?! What are you doing posting on the Sandswept forums?

^ Top

Yeah, probably make it that you can have 'vices' that the king picks and if he picks none... He becomes inactive... He's auto kicked from the game and somebody else takes his role :3 (Goes the same for other things) Also maybe when there gone create some form of 'Learning AI' that takes control for the time being that nearly duplicates his form of strategies (Maybe 3 parts of it, Aggressive Tactics, Defensive Tactics, Diplomatic Tactics (?) )

@MrpersonGuy11: Its just some of my childhood dreams for many types of games I'd love to see and play <3
PM if you need any help!

^ Top

Back to Top of Page