LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1)
Those are slower, and this was a universal charger. (Play metro 2033 or watch a lp of the first 20 min and you should see what I mean). So it could be applied to things like RC cars, gps devices (Those will be in here, right...?) and the likes.
I am not a Sandswept developer.

Zag wrote:
If you post anything that arouses me, I will permanently ban you.

Rules are Kewl: http://www.sandswept.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19

^ Top

Off topic: Who thinks that when alpha comes out Zag should do a 20-60 min lp of the game :)?

Zag wrote:

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
off-topic : I also think a Lets play would be YES! :) I love Let's play, he should do one until his untimely death. Unless...you know that death happens quick then...yeah more play. :) But I'd like to see a Lets Play of the whole team, as a party and whatnot.

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
Perhaps Sandswept should play with every "original member" on one big multiplayer server :D
Theta Studios
Steam Profile

^ Top

Yup yup, They should! Thumbs up for that idea! Do a few Live Streams! lol Keep that on the agenda peeps!

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Spotlighted! (1) Quality Post (1) Showcased! (2) Backer! (1)
MrBlue wrote:
Perhaps Sandswept should play with every "original member" on one big multiplayer server :D

I don't think there's a single forum-goer that'll object to that idea.

... at least until after November 30th.

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
BKDiesel wrote:
I don't think there's a single forum-goer that'll object to that idea.

... at least until after November 30th.

Exactly! I think they're being too nice with that deadline, too.
Theta Studios
Steam Profile

^ Top

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
TehFrederick wrote:
Off topic: Who thinks that when alpha comes out Zag should do a 20-60 min lp of the game :)?

We'll be doing dev vlogs with gameplay (Let's Play, if you will), before the alpha comes out.

I have to clarify that we've only said we'd like to have it out this year. We have not set ANY dates whatsoever on that, so people throwing around dates, please don't confuse everyone else.

TDL's progress has absolutely no bearing on the Original Member achievable expiration date.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

May your speed on development be swift and caring! Make sure it's perfect before releasing Alpha... XD well ...you know, leave a few bugs for us to find! :)

sorry for all the Off-topicness. lol

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Showcased! (2) Backer! (1)
TehFrederick wrote:
i know generators are the 'rage' but what I am saying is, your hiding in a house, couldn't make it back before night, no fuel for a generator, no generator, or it makes to much noise, you need a flashlight to see or zombies will kill you in the dark, so you quickly use a handheld wind up mechanism and in 3 seconds you ahve a flashlight working again.

You mean those little hand-crank recharge devices?
Cry "havoc!" and let slip the zombies of the coming apocalypse.

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Spotlighted! (1) Quality Post (1) Showcased! (2) Backer! (1)
There are also those kinetic flashlights that you shake for a minute or so to recharge.

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1)
Brett wrote:
TehFrederick wrote:
i know generators are the 'rage' but what I am saying is, your hiding in a house, couldn't make it back before night, no fuel for a generator, no generator, or it makes to much noise, you need a flashlight to see or zombies will kill you in the dark, so you quickly use a handheld wind up mechanism and in 3 seconds you ahve a flashlight working again.

Exactly. Whether it's that kind or the shake variety isn't terribly important, as they both make quite a bit of noise in your immediate vicinity, but an important thing to note about the crank flashlights is they can be very bright even with zero stored charge if you keep cranking it. With this, you could have a bright, noisy light that takes up both your hands, or you could prepare in advance and have a silent light in your off hand, pistol or cricket bat at the ready.
No Signature

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Showcased! (2) Backer! (1)
OWD wrote:
Brett wrote:
TehFrederick wrote:

Exactly. Whether it's that kind or the shake variety isn't terribly important, as they both make quite a bit of noise in your immediate vicinity, but an important thing to note about the crank flashlights is they can be very bright even with zero stored charge if you keep cranking it. With this, you could have a bright, noisy light that takes up both your hands, or you could prepare in advance and have a silent light in your off hand, pistol or cricket bat at the ready.

What do you mean by "bright, noisy light"? Oh you mean a torch you crank to keep it activated? No, I meant the recharge devices you can get... place the batteries in there and crank it to power up the batteries and place the batteries back in. :)
Cry "havoc!" and let slip the zombies of the coming apocalypse.

^ Top

People assume its only flashlights, that's not it, its any device, but its charge it delivers is only good enough for small devices like flashlights/gps and anything else small.

Zag wrote:

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1)
TehFrederick wrote:
People assume its only flashlights, that's not it, its any device, but its charge it delivers is only good enough for small devices like flashlights/gps and anything else small.

That would be fine with me too, but that just didn't seem like a device like that would be the easiest thing in the world to find. There's a place for lots of different things like that, and perhaps the most easily found ones wouldn't be able to charge everything you might want them to.
No Signature

^ Top

Back to Top of Page