LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

you know zombies have this infection in their blood stream what are you going to do when you kill one and all of his blood is on you well thats were my sugestion coms in you should be able to turn showers on and was the deseased blood of lower ing the infection to you. so my point is to have the ability to take a shower and lower your infetion bar.
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Depending on how long the zombie apocalypse has been going on, water and indoor plumbing in general may no longer work. But I do like this idea. I don't know how Sandswept would implement it without taking the "fun" away from playing the game. Who knows? =)
At least we're winning.

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Spotlighted! (1) Femme's Cookie (2) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
Well you have to USE(cwutiddithar?) water to lower your infection level
That could be inferred as drinking it or as using it to wash off.
Just a volunteer. Not affiliated with Sandswept Studios.
My channel

^ Top

Spotlighted! (1) Backer! (1)
I think I got what you meant, but your lack of punctuation besides a few periods and many spelling errors confused me.
Exploration Team of the World, a whople lotta fun.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1)
Zag has said that when he says water lowering infection he is meaning washing mainly, though drinking as well to a point. Not necessarily in showers as lakes/streams but hes said this in another thread.
I am LovesTheWeather on Reddit.

^ Top

tomcat16789 wrote:
Zag has said that when he says water lowering infection he is meaning washing mainly, though drinking as well to a point. Not necessarily in showers as lakes/streams but hes said this in another thread.

I've understood, that he mainly meant that drinking the water lowers the infection risk?
Can you get a quote on that? I haven't yet seen him talking about taking showers!
No Signature

^ Top

Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
Here's a quote from the FAQ section on the Wiki, which I believe was written by Zag. Anyway, I'm pretty certain he said this in a forum post too:

Quote:
You won't need to drink, but drinking will have some benefits, like reducing the chance of infection.

^ Top

Artiste (1) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
I think the more leeway is given to this. The more it will become. The Sims Zombies. Soon people may end up asking to use the toilet. Interaction points. Whoopy. Babies.
-----------
Join the Brotherhood of the Dead A Dead Linger Clan, and visit our website Here

^ Top

Backer! (1)
In all honesty, I think this could be quite cool. When you're literally covered in zombie blood, your resistance to infection could start to decrease. You wouldn't necessarily need a shower, you could just find a small body of water. However, Zag has stated that each house's water supplies will work for one use (e.g a burst of water from the taps) so maybe you could sacrifice collecting water and use the one opportunity to switch on the shower temporarily?
--- Bureaucrat and administrator of The Dead Linger Wiki. Join the Brotherhood of the Dead - A TDL clan. ---

_/\/\Image/\/\_

^ Top

If you drink water to stave off infection. And shower to prevent infection. Its trying same thing. Except showers are not portable.

It should have a distinctive advantage. You get a 12 hour immunity to infectioncfrom bodily fluids, but not from bites.

Only some mechanic like that would jusitfy it
-----------

^ Top

Backer! (1)
xxswatelitexx wrote:
If you drink water to stave off infection. And shower to prevent infection. Its trying same thing. Except showers are not portable.

It should have a distinctive advantage. You get a 12 hour immunity to infectioncfrom bodily fluids, but not from bites.

Only some mechanic like that would jusitfy it

I agree, but due to this they should be quite rare and not found in every house. However, this kinda takes away from the realism, as everyone has a bath/shower.
--- Bureaucrat and administrator of The Dead Linger Wiki. Join the Brotherhood of the Dead - A TDL clan. ---

_/\/\Image/\/\_

^ Top

I think in the apcoplyse a shower would be a luxury. At most you clean your self with a moist cloth or not at all.
-----------

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I think the same way. I think it would work if every house had a shower/bath, but only a select few still work?

_/\/\Image/\/\_

^ Top

I think Zag said there's still water in the pipes, but once you use it once, there's no more.
Eddard dreamt of a frozen hell
Reserved for Starks of WInterfell

^ Top

You could make the option of a military \ camping shower system.
If you don't worry about the weight, or you have a group. One person carries it.
You can find a stream, and use it to your advantage, by taking a bucket of water and loading into the camp shower.
-----------

^ Top

Backer! (1)
xxswatelitexx wrote:
You could make the option of a military \ camping shower system.
If you don't worry about the weight, or you have a group. One person carries it.
You can find a stream, and use it to your advantage, by taking a bucket of water and loading into the camp shower.

Not a bad idea.

_/\/\Image/\/\_

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1)
dash wrote:
tomcat16789 wrote:

I've understood, that he mainly meant that drinking the water lowers the infection risk?
Can you get a quote on that? I haven't yet seen him talking about taking showers!

Well this is his quote: "Cleaning with water, technically. We're implying you also drink it, but there's not 'thirst' system."
In this topic: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1659&hilit=water

So not mentioning showers but I assume cleaning with water involves some kind of showering/bathing situation.
I am LovesTheWeather on Reddit.

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I like this idea. Also kind of related, I'd like to see a system put in eventually, so that clothing/weaponry/tools has a degregation system. By this I don't mean Farcry 2, pick up a gun, fire it 20 times and it explodes. I mean, after maybe 3 months (game time) weaponry has an increased chance to jam, so you may need to clean them more often. Also clothing, is going to get VERY dirty living in the same stuff constantly, so this means tears, rips, blood splatter etc. Showering and keeping clothing clean would be a good way to stop this. With tools also, after many uses, things become blunted and bent. Knives you pick up and use (for gutting animals for food etc) could become blunted, and require more effort to use unless you sharpen it. Same with axes, shovels etc.
No Signature

^ Top

I know the is a screen hot of certain bars and one did have a biohazzard symbol on.

But I think it will get annoying every time you kill a zombie you will need to find a way to clean yourself up. Also depending on how far the apocalypse is set in will depend on if we have running water or not.
-----------

^ Top

Back to Top of Page