LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Good evening, ladies and gentlelads.

The name is SaKenyi (Or Bart, if you're not a fan of nicknames), twenty years old, living in The Netherlands. I bake bread to achieve what most would call 'a living', but I'm studying to be able to draw said bread for money when I'm done (Art & Design, that is).

I discovered Sandswept recently, having no knowledge of their previous game and joining in on the Dead Linger wagon a little later than most (after finding it under the search term of 'zombie survival theory experimentation simulator game'... okay, just kidding, not really, don't search that up.) but after reading it up on the Kickstarter page, rage at the screen for three days until the Paypal donation option came up and threw all the money my budget would allow me to at it, I can safely assume myself to be a reasonable future fan of the game.

I'm lookin' forwards to chat with the lot of you, hoping that I'm not the only crazy bastard (besides that Belgian guy that build an anti-zombie bunker) that has already laid out plans should the world inevitably meet it's moaning, shambling, cannibalistic end.

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Welcome SaKenyl, ya crazy bastard.

Hope you enjoy the site, always nice to see new members.
Why Not?

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1)
We are all crazy, some more Zag than others. Welcome to the forums. Look forward to chatting with you to though, Bart!
I am not a Sandswept developer.

Zag wrote:
If you post anything that arouses me, I will permanently ban you.

Rules are Kewl: http://www.sandswept.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19

^ Top

Spotlighted! (1) Backer! (1)
Ah, it's this thread... How could I have missed it?
I got so cought up in discussing TDL I completely ignored the Hub... *feels ashamed*

I'm a robot. My master is a blue hummingbird. His name is Priplex. He didn't put much effort into me. My body is made of cardboard and my hands are various haplessly arranged fruits. My legs are rusty chain-link fence poles and for feet he was so kind to bestow upon me a pair of badly cut PVC pipes.
They are different lenghts.
My circutry is made up of an old "My first steam engine" toy and pieces of old computers. I have a 64 megabyte storage unit and the processing power of a punctured basketball. It took me two years to gather this information. Another two to write it down. My biography takes up most of my disk space. The rest is used to store my

But seriously though, I'm a gamer by trade, and I also hail from the same realm as the company's lead animator, Norway.
My interests are a wide variety of things I will not go into further detail about, but the most important one is teh interwebz. If that's even concidered an interest...
I was walking my eternal journey through the unfathomable maze that is cyberspace as Sandswept backed up a crane and lowered a hook for me to latch onto as I screamed: "FRREEEE MEEEEEEE!!!"
I drink tea, I breath air and my blood is also red, so that should make a good starting point to work out from.

I'm so happy I'll get to take this epic journey with you guys, gonne be spectacular!

^ Top

Welcome to the legion!, and give my regards to Master Priplex
No Signature

^ Top

well, im not good in introductions, so I'll keep this short:

I am Apocaliptica and I am here because of The Dead Linger, pledged 50$ and hope Im going to see a nice open-world zombie survivial game.
Dunno exactly how I came here (maybe someone in the project zomboid forums mentioned this site, not sure though), but here I am.

^ Top

Hello survivors. You can call me APX im 28, a male in Finland. Why i´m here. Well lets say i´m always been looking for a game that The Dead Linger promises to be if that makes sense. A realistic surviving multiplayer sandbox in large scale with zombies! and with customization. Kinda like Arma 2 + Fallout + The walking dead + Red Orchestra...

I was looking for mods for Arma 2 with zombie sandbox multiplayer etc. So i found The Dead Linger and it sounded amazing so i listened crossgamer podcast and that´s about it, i was sold to the game idea. I have not donated any money for now as i´m almost living the dream of zombie apocalypse. But that might change :)

I live in the countryside and do some hunting and been through the military training that´s mandatory to males here. So i think i know something about some surviving stuff. No i have not stockpiled anything yet, cause there simply isn´t need for it even if stuff would happen :) But it´s fun entertainment to think about. And criticise ofcourse when you see zombie stuff.

So i´m very interested to see how this game turns out and i hope the devs all the best in the making of it.

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Welcome APX and Apocaliptica! Hope you stay around.

And APX: nice to have another person who knows stuff about military, hunting, and survival.
Why Not?

^ Top

Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Welcome Apocaliptica and APX, hope ye enjoy ye're stay! :)
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Hello all, I'm Zim. I'm a programming student down in Texas. I'm new to everything here. I had never heard of Sandswept until I came across Dead Linger on Kickstarter.
No Signature

^ Top

Glad to welcome you here Zim, and everything becomes familiar quite quickly.
Why Not?

^ Top

Hello all, the name is Matt or wombateer (in the gaming world).

I found out about The Dead Linger via an OnLive Fans Forum thread discussing the possibility of the game being developed (somewhere down the line) for the OnLive service.

So out of interest I Google(d) The Dead Linger, and it brought me here. So here I am.

I'm a gamer of 30+ years, from the days of the mighty ZX Spectrum to the modern day OnLive game streaming service. Not so much a PC gamer these days, due to the fact that PC up-to-date hardware chasing is a ball ache!

So I frequent the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 realms mostly.

What I've read and seen of The Dead Linger looks and sounds awesome, and being fan of zombie games and FPS really raises my pulse somewhat for the possibilities of what you guys and girls are trying to create.

I'm going to have to put my writing head back on and submit some fan fiction.

Looking forward to chatting and sharing some content with you all.

Best,

Matt/wombateer.
Writer/Gamer/Jack of all web trades.

^ Top

Welcome matt, welcome to the site. And I would love to see some more writing from people!
Why Not?

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I like to be called Jace

Just recently backed this game as per recommendation from a friend and i'm glad i did, can't wait to see the (mostly) finished product in a year or so.

I hail from the strange, cold and beautiful land of Canada, in a small hick town where some people still point at aeroplanes *sigh*

Anywho i'm a very creative person and very open to discussion so if anyone wants to have a chat or discuss things or even request creative input i'll be here to help and be friendly. Peace.
The old school cowboy

^ Top

Welcome Jace
Why Not?

^ Top

Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
Never knew I was a zombie fan... until I realized that I've watched almost all the zombie movies out there... :D

..oh and my wish for a zombie breakout to actually happen...
No Signature

^ Top

secondOption wrote:

Thats not creepy at all, but still welcome to the site.
Why Not?

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1)
secondOption wrote:

Now we are talking, welcome!

^ Top

H4Z4RD wrote:
secondOption wrote:

Thats not creepy at all, but still welcome to the site.

I think 95% of the folks around here are in some way dreaming of that to happen.
Even though they all think they won't get infected.
But everyone will.

Everyone will.

Also, greetings, SecondOption, welcome to the fray of madmen/madwomen.

^ Top

Well... hi! i am Blackdusk or you can just call me ekrem if you want

I am just a simple teenager and i am usually what people call ''lurker'' but i do post... sometimes. Found out about The Dead Linger by coincidence and i think it will be awesome. That's it i guess.

thanks
Interested in a clan: Join Clan M.A.P. [Many Awesome People]

^ Top

Back to Top of Page