LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1)
Urls can't transcend lines.
I'm ... not very coherent.

^ Top

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
Sandsweeper wrote:

Mind posting an example?
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Zag wrote:
Sandsweeper wrote:

Mind posting an example?

[url=www.google.com]Hello.
Hello.
Hello.
Hello.[/url]

^ Top

Sandsweeper wrote:
Zag wrote:
Sandsweeper wrote:

Mind posting an example?

[url=www.google.com]Hello.
Hello.
Hello.
Hello.[/url]

I don't think you need that.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Zag wrote:
I don't think you need that.
Well I did need it a few minutes ago to link several weapons to a single photo in the request thread in the survivor creations forum.
(That's how I found out about it.)

I'm not saying it's a pressing matter or anything, just something to be put on the low end of the "to-do" list.

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Remove the post count.

It encourages spamming, and not dedication. Im going to be honest here, for about the first 300 post, I spammed just to get my count up. I see that maybe the case with some members too. If your going to post on a website to have a high count, you need to leave, or have a change of heart. Im also going as far as to suggest to possibly remove the ranks, or make it so it doesn't encourage spamming. They don't seem to help the matter either.
Why Not?

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1)
ranks and posts help symbolize how long somebody was on a forum.
Personally i detect trolls by low post count and people that i can trust by big post count.

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
TheArhive wrote:
ranks and posts help symbolize how long somebody was on a forum.
Personally i detect trolls by low post count and people that i can trust by big post count.

Your looking at it wrong them. Yes post count symbolize time spent on the forum, but since you liked my last equation so much, Im going to make a new one:

Quality > Time

Theres some people that have been here for a week or two, have triple digit post count, and I don't think they're dedicated or the best for the community. Yet there's some people in the exact same situation who I think will make great members. One member that has a unique situationis Swert. He's been here a while, but doesn't have a high post count, yet he has made a few great post, and the one day me and him had a great argument/ disscusion.

The point im trying to make is low post count means they're new, or have a busy life.
Why Not?

^ Top

statistics say otherwise
btw quality=time :D

^ Top

TheArhive wrote:
statistics say otherwise
btw quality=time :D

No, quality is how much of the time you spend on something actually contributing. Time is how much you have at your expenses.
Why Not?

^ Top

ok i agree quality=time you spend on something actually contributing
But it still helps to indentify trolls.

^ Top

TheArhive wrote:
ok i agree quality=time you spend on something actually contributing
But it still helps to indentify trolls.

Not really, not trying to pick on someone Serbian had a good post count for the time he was here and I think he was somewhat of a troll.
Why Not?

^ Top

Well he was ignored for far too long.
Lets go back on topic so Zag doesn't get frustrated.

^ Top

"Rank" for regular members just shows how much you post. There's nothing else to it. However, if you have lots of posts and are still not banned, that's technically a good sign.

I can also reset anyone's post count to zero at any time if it becomes an issue for that person.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

As you said, it has shown how much people post, not the quality of their post. Its doesn't encourage quality, and thats what I'm trying to point out.
Why Not?

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1)
I'm okay with the post count. It's a good indicator of how trustworthy a person is. For example, if I see a post from H4Z4RD and a conflicting post from a newbie about game information, I'm more likely to trust H4Z4RD. As much as I wouldn't like to.
Other great Indie games:
Overgrowth
Project Zomboid
Dwarf Fortress
Cortex Command

Support Indie developers!

^ Top

funymunky wrote:
I'm okay with the post count. It's a good indicator of how trustworthy a person is. For example, if I see a post from H4Z4RD and a conflicting post from a newbie about game information, I'm more likely to trust H4Z4RD. As much as I wouldn't like to.

What did I ever do that you don't like?

If you saw a post count from Arhive contradicting my post though, who would you believe. Probably would be pretty neutral, even though I have close to 2x his post count. And from time to time I've been wrong about stuff, so I'm not always a good source as much as I may try.
Why Not?

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1)
H4Z4RD wrote:
What did I ever do that you don't like?

If you saw a post count from Arhive contradicting my post though, who would you believe. Probably would be pretty neutral, even though I have close to 2x his post count. And from time to time I've been wrong about stuff, so I'm not always a good source as much as I may try.

Nah, I was just joking, if you didn't realize.

And I probably would be pretty neutral about it, but that's just because you both have a lot of posts. I'm not saying that it's a de facto indicator, it just helps somewhat in discerning between trolls/spammers and actual members.
Other great Indie games:
Overgrowth
Project Zomboid
Dwarf Fortress
Cortex Command

Support Indie developers!

^ Top

Really weird/small thing, but if you have 0 messages, keep switching between the homepage and the forums page and you'll see it changes. The homepage 0 is bolded or something.
Why Not?

^ Top

More activity on the forum has made a large portion of posts "popular topics". Popular (Hot) Topics are now identified when they reach 60 posts, instead of their previous amount, which was 50.

Now, once a topic has 4 pages, it becomes a hot topic.

QUESTION:
The DETOUR era is ending. Does anyone have suggestions for new "topic" icons, instead of the green stoplights and such?
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Back to Top of Page