LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Backer! (1)
How are clans going to work? I would understand clan tags in-game, but how would one clan interact with another? Would they all have to hop on the opposing clan's server and fight it out?

Thanks for answering everyone's questions.
No Signature

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Quality Post (1) Backer! (1)
Clans will work however they want to, how they interact is entirely up to them. They'd probably arrange something where they'd meet on a PvP server.
The Rules | Jackal Mod Manager | Brotherhood of the Dead Clan
Not a Sandswept developer, just a volunteer moderator.

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I have failed trying to reach an answer to a subject that actually has been discussed quite a lot.

So here goes:

Regarding the size of the world, you've stated it will be 25,000 kilometers. What does that mean?

Is it sq km? 25,000*25,000 kilometers? Or is it a 25,000 kilometer long 2-dimensional line? Perhaps, the planet's circumference?
Listen to space:
http://topaz.streamguys.tv/~spaceweather/

^ Top

Backer! (1)
So now that we are in the end of April when can we expect to see the alpha release? June? July? August?
SO ANCIOUS.
No Signature

^ Top

ChilledN0va wrote:
So now that we are in the end of April when can we expect to see the alpha release? June? July? August?
SO ANCIOUS.

Probably within 6 months of the Kickstarter ending is what Zag keeps saying.

^ Top

Backer! (1)
so, that they have mentioned you can go in all houses, and cities will be in the game, does this also mean all skyscrapers, tenements, and apartment buildings will be able to be entered as well? im assuming most would be the same interiors but still that would be very cool and VERY ambitious.
No Signature

^ Top

Vinja wrote:
so, that they have mentioned you can go in all houses, and cities will be in the game, does this also mean all skyscrapers, tenements, and apartment buildings will be able to be entered as well? im assuming most would be the same interiors but still that would be very cool and VERY ambitious.

Yes, all buildings will be fully explorable: http://www.sandswept.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=375&p=5836#p5836

^ Top

The FAQ says that zombies investigating or aggroed may draw other zombies. Is there a maximum distance that other zombies can be pulled and can this be chained?

For instance if a zombie A does the moan for 'I smell brains' and a zombie B that is 25 feet away hears this does he moan and zombie C who is another 25 feet away also heads towards zombie A?

Will these be options for a server?
Light a man a fire and he will be warm for one night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I think I just pissed myself in delight at reading this FAQ.
-Schwarz

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Quick question regarding updates: Would we have to start a new world to experience content added in updates, or would we just have to move to freshly generated areas?
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Just saying, but the FAQ is now on the official wiki (http://www.thedeadlinger.com/wiki/index ... _Questions), as well. Perhaps it's a good idea for people to update the wiki FAQ as new information is posted here, as well?
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Oh, nice job. And I agree.
No Signature

^ Top

Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
How will the inventory/backpack be arranged, with slots or with a volume/weight limit based on the backpack size/character strength?
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Spaccaossi wrote:
How will the inventory/backpack be arranged, with slots or with a volume/weight limit based on the backpack size/character strength?

Slots, based on the size of the backpack.
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Please don't do mutated zombies. Please.

For me this game should be about raw survival, like back to basics in the same way that the human population suddenly took a dive due to a fatal desease that doesn't bring people back. Except it has those survival elements(hunting for safe food and water and having to store it once you've got it, making sure that where you're hold up is defensible and can withstand a lot of damage, but also has good escape routes, just in case, etc...)
And then, after all the survival stuff is in place you add to that fact that you have to cope with all of that on top of the massive huge issue that almost everywhere you go has shambling chunks of bi-ped meat wandering around with an insatiable penchant desire for live flesh, your flesh, flesh that they can neither digest nor ever does it fulfil their hunger, even to the point where they keep eating a live persons skin even when seconds before their intestines and stomach just burst out because of being at maximum capacity, yet they keep pursuing you for more etc...
No Signature

^ Top

Artiste (1) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
TorMasturba wrote:
Please don't do mutated zombies. Please.

There is no plans at all for Mutated zombies.......
-----------
Join the Brotherhood of the Dead A Dead Linger Clan, and visit our website Here

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Vehicle Questions
1.Will the game have different Acceleration, Speed, Stopping time Depending on the the vehicle, its weight and condition?

2.Will we be able to store items, weapons etc. in our vehicles? If so will this affect the handling and speed? So if I stash some Heavy objects in the boot of the vehicle will this make it heavier at the back and make the vehicle tail happy?

3.If I have a trailer or caravan hooked to the back of my car or truck will it sway wildly if I take a sharp turn and affect the vehicle and swing me round and such?

4. Will we have to maintain are vehicles in some way? e.g get some more oil, repair damage, replace components?

I'm not asking if this will be in Alpha or even in beta but final release or after the final release will features like these be in the game?
PC Built For TDL
NZXT Phantom
NZXT Havik
i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz
GTX 670 Palit Jetstream 4Gb Ed.
12Gb 1886Mhz RAM
600Gb Seagate VelociRaptor x 2
256Gb OCZ SSD
Z68 Gigabyte UD3H
NZXT HALE 750w Gold Rated

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Will zombies in the city be any less starved than ones in the countryside, since there will have been more food for them, or will the distribution of healthy/normal/starving zombies be the same for all places?

Also: Will different footwear have any effect on your stats? (Such as trainers allowing you to sprint better, but hiking boots letting you stay on your feet without tiring for longer, army boots letting you kick harder, etc.)
A semicolon in every post or your money back!

^ Top

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
Cowey42 wrote:
Will zombies in the city be any less starved than ones in the countryside, since there will have been more food for them, or will the distribution of healthy/normal/starving zombies be the same for all places?

Also: Will different footwear have any effect on your stats? (Such as trainers allowing you to sprint better, but hiking boots letting you stay on your feet without tiring for longer, army boots letting you kick harder, etc.)

Zombie health has nothing to do with 'food' intake. Zombies don't actually receive any nourishment from your flesh. They still rot.

It's sad, really.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Backer! (1)
So I shouldn't play a buddha and sacrifice myself to save a starving family of zombies?
Well there's my plan out the window. Guess I might even have to kill them now.
A semicolon in every post or your money back!

^ Top

Back to Top of Page