LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
[ Last Updated: March 2014 ]

Here's some simple things to get out of the way. Our forums and website might be a little tricky to those who aren't familiar with it. Let's go over the frequently asked questions, which should help get a lot of the basic questions out of the way.

Website Questions

Q: What are the benefits of registering an account on this website?

A: First off, it's free. You can't beat free. Except with chocolate covered strawberries. Those knock free right out of the park. Oh, and if those were free chocolate covered strawberries, it just wouldn't be a contest. But I digress.

If you're a fan of Sandswept Studios and the games and projects by Sandswept Studios, it's an absolute must. Not only will you have full access to messaging on the Sandswept Studios forums, you will also find extra goodies only available to forum goers, especially active ones. We occasionally have been known to hand out treats to active fans and forum-goers.

Become an integral part of the Sandswept Legion today!

Q: Mm, strawberries... Are you guys always this funny?

A: ... Wait, someone was making a joke?

Q: Um, okay then... Whose in charge here?

A: While a few people around here are wearing a few different hats, you want to keep your eye out for Red and Green-colored users. Those are the administrators, community/support staff, and otherwise Overlord-esque figures here on the forums. If it's just a small question about the forums, you can usually contact any moderator (Blue-colored Users) via PM or press that handy-dandy search button in the corner. If that doesn't work, feel free to post the question in the appropriate forum!

Q: What if I do have legal/important matters? Who do I talk to then?

A: We hope it's nothing bad. Send an e-mail to legal@sandsweptstudios.com.

Q: What if my question wasn't answered here, or anywhere else on the website?

A: If you still have questions, first try using the search function to find forum topics that may have answered your question. If you do not find an answer after a thorough search, feel free to make a new topic in the General Discussion forum (The Central Hub) and other members, including Sandswept Staff, Moderators, and/or Admins, may post with the answer! Who knows, it could be something we'll add to this FAQ!

Forum Questions

Question: Where can I find the Rules and/or Forum Guidelines?

Answer: Check the top of each forum. The Stickies are "pinned" topics that will always be at the top. They contain rules, announcements, and other things of interest. This FAQ, for example, is a sticky. You may also find the Code of Conduct and Terms of Use, here.

Q: How on Earth do I use this crazy BB code or whatever it is? How do I make links etc. in my posts?

A: Refer to the legend on the left side when creating a topic or replying to a post. It contains deftailed examples of how BBCode works, and so forth. Color, IMG and Flash are not allowed. We will explain why later on in this FAQ.

Q: What is a PM?

A: Private Messages, otherwise known as a PM, is what users can use to directly contact a member of the forums.

Q: Where are signatures displayed on posts?

A: A signature is displayed at the bottom of a user's post. When logged in, you can edit your signature by pressing the "Edit Profile" button along the top of the web site. (Under the logo!)

Q: Can I change my font color? Can I have a custom avatar? Why can't I post pictures?

A: No, you can't change your font color. Yes, you can upload a custom avatar. You can't post pictures in posts because of moderation. When lots of people are actively using the forums, it can (and will) get messy. It's hard to clean up. Unfortunately, some people like to post junk, and we'd like to avoid that entirely. Who knows, maybe good members will get certain privileges that others will not. Just be a good sport. You don't need to have a special avatar, font, or the ability to post pictures in order to have fun discussion and such. Oh yeah, and there's these cool Achievable things.

Q: What are Achievables? Those sound fun.

A: Oh, my good friend, they are indeed fun. Achievables are awarded by certain Sandswept staff members for good behavior, cool stuff, and all around awesomeness. Achievables are like trophies, proudly displayed in your profile and on your posts. Do not ask for specific Achievables; you will certainly not get one if you do. Many can be obtained simply by keeping a good attitude, making great posts, and being all-around delicious.

Q: Delicious? OK, that's kind of weird... So, who DOES have fancy text color?

A: To distinguish posts, and make certain "important" users posts more noticeable, we have different colored text. Forum Guardians are the moderators. Their text is a sneaky Blue color, because it's slightly more important to identify who the moderators are than the Gray text of a regular member. The Sandswept Admins have shiny, Red text, and Sandswept Staff that are Community Admins have Green text. General Sandswept Staff have bright, Tan text, because we know people like seeing what we generally have to say about things. This is a good indicator that someone important is speaking and you should listen up and know who you're dealing with. If you get a verbal warning from someone with colored text, you'd best heed it.

Q: Speaking of moderators, who are they and what do they do?

A: Good members, fans, and the like. They keep the forums clean, ban the rule-breakers, and post witty comments. They are not Sandswept Studios employees or contractors. Master Forum Guardian are the head moderators. If you have a problem with one of the moderators, take it up with a Master moderator. If you have a problem with how a Master moderator is going about his business, take it up with an Admin directly. The employees are not necessarily moderators, but they are distinguished by "Sandswept Staff" title and Tan text. And they can kill you with their brain.

Q: What does it take to become a moderator?

A: When more moderators are required, they will be hand-picked by the web/community team. There is nothing you can specifically do to become a moderator. However, being a very good example of a Sandswept Legionnaire, posting well, and showing you really enjoy this place may help your chances.

Happy Posting. Pardon Our Dust.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Zag, you deserve to give yourself a 'Quality Post' achievement!
|-| TDL-FAQ |-| Suggestion-Archive |-| General-FAQ |-| Forum-Rules |-|
I am not a Sandswept developer. Just a Volunteer Mod!
Or send me a PM if you need any help!

My clan: Auzzie Bazzos

^ Top

Backer! (1)
A question that wasn't answered!
Are you, Thomas and Richard brothers?
Member of Delta Juliet 54, led by TheArhive.

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Richard is his dad I think, and Thomas is his brother.
Why Not?

^ Top

Backer! (1)
H4Z4RD wrote:

Now that's just an awesome game company. Father and sons.
Member of Delta Juliet 54, led by TheArhive.

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
AzViz wrote:
H4Z4RD wrote:

Now that's just an awesome game company. Father and sons.

He has at least 1 other little brother. I wonder if he'll join.
Why Not?

^ Top

You said admins have gold text, but I haven't seen any. The last gold text I saw was a while ago.

^ Top

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
classified wrote:
You said admins have gold text, but I haven't seen any. The last gold text I saw was a while ago.

Sorry, that was old. It now says "red" text.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I have a question and I don't know where to put, so I guess I would leave it here hoping someone would answer it.

I have backed this game at kickstarter.com with $25. I haven't downloaded any of the alpha releases yet. I decided today to go ahead and download the build 003. When I went to TDL buy page it didn't let me download it directly, instead it asked me to pay with paypal.

any clarification? I don't remember if I already paid the $25 or not, yet I got email few months ago asking me to take a survey at kickstarter and that my amazon account have been billed already.

can someone clarify to me please?

Thanks
No Signature

^ Top

Artiste (1) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
PM Zag with your kickstarter username.
The kickstarter users after filling a survey recieved a Code to redeem the game.

the Survey was important to link your account.
-----------
Join the Brotherhood of the Dead A Dead Linger Clan, and visit our website Here

^ Top

Back to Top of Page