LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

User avatar
Offline
Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
We'll be listening here for general feedback, accommodate suggestions, and fix those little bugs here and there.

Feedback:
Like something? Don't like something? We'd love to know! The more feedback, the better we can work to make this world (or at least the Sandswept Legion) a better place.

Suggestions:
Wish we had some feature? Wish we had less of something? More of something? Bring it on! Politely, that is. We can't make any promises, but we'll try our best to get these forums the way you, the community, want them.

Bugs:
A lot of custom work and new code has gone into the forums so far, so some things might not be working quite as well as they should. We do make typos and such occasionally. We've run some testers through and have squashed all the nasty bugs, but there may be a few odd things here and there. Let us know if you find any! (If it contains any sort of error code, please copy and paste the code here.)
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

Joined: Feb.10.2010

Posts: 7964

^ Top
 
User avatar
Offline
Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
We are looking into the session ID issues where it keeps logging you out when you click certain links. In the meantime, we suggest you click "Board Index" on the breadcrumbs bar, instead of the COMMUNITY button on the nav bar.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

[Edit: Fixed]
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

Joined: Feb.10.2010

Posts: 7964

^ Top
 
Offline
Original Member (11/30/2011) (1)
I can't sign in from the front page, why is that?
You can find me on Bungie.net

Joined: Feb.22.2010

Posts: 6

^ Top
 
User avatar
Offline
Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
Qbix wrote:
I can't sign in from the front page, why is that?

From the home page, sandswept.net blog? That is currently by design. It may change in the future as we integrate our login stuff, but we don't have any specific plans yet. The forums remain a separate module, so to speak, from the main website.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

Joined: Feb.10.2010

Posts: 7964

^ Top
 
Offline
Original Member (11/30/2011) (1)
SND Zag1 wrote:
Qbix wrote:
I can't sign in from the front page, why is that?

From the home page, sandswept.net blog? That is currently by design. It may change in the future as we integrate our login stuff, but we don't have any specific plans yet. The forums remain a separate module, so to speak, from the main website.
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. But alright. Would be neater if you could sign in from the home page IMO, even if the forums are a separate thing as of now.
You can find me on Bungie.net

Joined: Feb.22.2010

Posts: 6

^ Top
 
Offline
Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1)
Whenever I use the forum links up at the top of the page (in the drop down menu on the gray bar) I get logged out. I don't get logged out if I use the board index page, though.
No Signature

Joined: Feb.22.2010

Posts: 19

^ Top
 
Offline
Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1)
sup everyone. Nice site, but here's some things i'd like to comment on. ^_^

The "Forgot Password" link on the front page is broken, of course. (just testing...)

Happens if you're not logged in and click to view someones profile, or reply to a post,
it logs you and and this jump a also happens.
It's lame. fix.

Green Text: Why Green? If you're aiming for sand, green is far from.
there is no vegetation in deserts, sirs. ._.

Yellow Text: Sure, why not. However, imho, Light Tan would be much more appealing and
soothing to the eyes. Well, for those of us who are in the Void...

Achievelulz: I personally think they're a bit too big and pronounced. Almost unordered aswell.
@SND Zag1, I do believe that the SU would look much nicer if it was the same
height as the rest of the icons themselves.

What is this ToC? Table of Contents? I noticed this in the update. Shouldn't it be ToU and CoC?

Navbar fail which has already been mentioned > 9000 times.
What's the blank space beneath it?

In replying to posts: I think the post title is too large at the top, taking up way too much space.
I like that you can view the thread at the bottom of the page, however, does it work well for multiple pages? ._.

CoC/ToU page: there's nothing to separate where one thing begins and the other ends.
needs more Bold and Italics, sir.

Changing phrases on tabs/window bar: hah. ._. nice...
It makes having multiple tabs open really a pain, you can't see what page your on.
For instance, I have CoC/ToU on one tab, and it doesn't say what it is,
so therefor I have to go through all of my tabs.
Needs more Pew Pew, less QQ.

You can't link through a new line. It breaks. [url=http://www.sandswept.net/]See.
It breaks. [/url] wtb fix, pst.

The avatar box on profile: the avatar itself seems to extend outside
of the box w/ all the links and welcome message.
I personally think it looks just a bit sloppy like that.

Disperse...
Chaos Beckons...

Joined: Feb.22.2010

Posts: 15

^ Top
 
User avatar
Offline
Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
More posts like these. ^ We like these. Can't guarantee any and all changes, (and a few of those mentioned are actually on the to-do list), but we love getting opinions and bug reports.

Perfect, Entropius.

Edit: ToC was a typo. Fixed now.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

Joined: Feb.10.2010

Posts: 7964

^ Top
 
Offline
Original Member (11/30/2011) (1)
I have 2 bugzz I wish to address.

1) When putting in the signature on your profile, it just doesn't want to show the color I choose. Maybe I am doing it wrong but the bold and italics work perfectly. Maybe its just me...

2) When I am at my profile then click the Sandswept logo, which takes me out of the forums, it automatically signs me out even though I am still on Sandswept. Shouldn't the Site itself and the Forums be linked? Its actually kind of annoying to sign back in each time I go between the site and forums.
Gaze Into The Void...

Joined: Feb.22.2010

Posts: 5

^ Top
 
Offline
Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1)
Oh... a bit more.

Banners, I like banners. I just think there should be some
pretty banners to go along with the various boards here.

After a post, the topic becomes unread. However it does this
for the user that just posted aswell, which is almost silly...

=)
Chaos Beckons...

Joined: Feb.22.2010

Posts: 15

^ Top
 
User avatar
Offline
Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
Entropius wrote:
It makes having multiple tabs open really a pain, you can't see what page your on.
For instance, I have CoC/ToU on one tab, and it doesn't say what it is,
so therefor I have to go through all of my tabs.

I just PHP'd this problem into oblivion. Hope you like it.

(Yes, the main page has a side affect of displaying Sandswept twice. I think it's worth it. Might get around to fixing that small problem later.)
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

Joined: Feb.10.2010

Posts: 7964

^ Top
 
Offline
Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1)
SND Zag1 wrote:
Entropius wrote:
It makes having multiple tabs open really a pain, you can't see what page your on.
For instance, I have CoC/ToU on one tab, and it doesn't say what it is,
so therefor I have to go through all of my tabs.

I just PHP'd this problem into oblivion. Hope you like it.

(Yes, the main page has a side affect of displaying Sandswept twice. I think it's worth it. Might get around to fixing that small problem later.)

Why thank you =)
Chaos Beckons...

Joined: Feb.22.2010

Posts: 15

^ Top
 
User avatar
Offline
Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
The problem with viewing a profile when not signed in is fixed (and you actually helped me find another issue no one has reported yet.) The page doesn't break anymore, but it probably needs some tidying up still.

Good stuff, keep the feedback coming.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

Joined: Feb.10.2010

Posts: 7964

^ Top
 
Offline
Original Member (11/30/2011) (1)
I shall withhold criticisms for now, as the site is still being fine-tuned. I would like to point out that on the Community drop-down Menu, the Central Hub is labeled as "General Discussion Forum" and not "Central Hub:..."

Additionally, I would appreciate it if the News Forum were listed under the community bar as well.
We should have died a very long time ago, you and I, the instant we fell upon this sandy land, without pain, and without sorrow.

Joined: Feb.22.2010

Posts: 34

^ Top
 
User avatar
Offline
Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
All issues of being logged out should be fixed. Bam.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

Joined: Feb.10.2010

Posts: 7964

^ Top
 
User avatar
Offline
Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
John Brown wrote:
I shall withhold criticisms for now, as the site is still being fine-tuned. I would like to point out that on the Community drop-down Menu, the Central Hub is labeled as "General Discussion Forum" and not "Central Hub:..."

Additionally, I would appreciate it if the News Forum were listed under the community bar as well.

The general discussion forum changed names a couple times. We believe calling it "General Discussion" is more user-friendly than "Central Hub", at least in the dropdown. We'll revisit that suggestion though.

As for the News Forum, it was just added today. We'll throw it on the dropdown shortly.

Thanks for the great feedback, folks.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

Joined: Feb.10.2010

Posts: 7964

^ Top
 
Offline
Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1)
Nevermind. I did at the time I made this post, though.


EDIT: Actual bug/suggestion: When I click the quote button while making a post (not clicking the quote button to make a post), nothing happens, I just get shunted back up to the top of the page. Also this option (or the ability to see the other posts in the thread) does not exist while editing a post, and I think it would be nice if this could be added.
No Signature

Joined: Feb.22.2010

Posts: 19

^ Top
 
User avatar
Offline
Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
Chiswyck wrote:
EDIT: Actual bug/suggestion: When I click the quote button while making a post (not clicking the quote button to make a post), nothing happens, I just get shunted back up to the top of the page. Also this option (or the ability to see the other posts in the thread) does not exist while editing a post, and I think it would be nice if this could be added.

Yes, we can do this, and fix that quote issue.

Logging out issues should be completely fixed now. Please let us know if you encounter it again. (And the exact circumstance in which it happened)
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

Joined: Feb.10.2010

Posts: 7964

^ Top
 
User avatar
Offline
Sandswept Staff (1) Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Artiste (1) DETOUR Beta Tester (1)
Quote:
Green Text: Why Green? If you're aiming for sand, green is far from.
there is no vegetation in deserts, sirs. ._.

Yellow Text: Sure, why not. However, imho, Light Tan would be much more appealing and
soothing to the eyes. Well, for those of us who are in the Void...

Originally Zag had a bluey colour for the mods and red for admins (which I liked better), but through a very meticulous and precise scientific operation (ie, 3 dudes on msn going through a bunch of random colours on the test site) it was eventually decided to change mods to green, admins to gold, and staff to light tan.

Dunno if it will eventually be changed, but either way, it doesn't really matter.
No Signature

Joined: Feb.11.2010

Posts: 240

^ Top
 
Offline
Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1)
K1RK H4MM3T wrote:
Quote:
Green Text: Why Green? If you're aiming for sand, green is far from.
there is no vegetation in deserts, sirs. ._.

Yellow Text: Sure, why not. However, imho, Light Tan would be much more appealing and
soothing to the eyes. Well, for those of us who are in the Void...

Originally Zag had a bluey colour for the mods and red for admins (which I liked better), but through a very meticulous and precise scientific operation (ie, 3 dudes on msn going through a bunch of random colours on the test site) it was eventually decided to change mods to green, admins to gold, and staff to light tan.

Dunno if it will eventually be changed, but either way, it doesn't really matter.

I see...
Well, imo the Gold is a bit too baby yellow.
Chaos Beckons...

Joined: Feb.22.2010

Posts: 15

^ Top
 


Back to Top of Page