LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Backer! (1)
i think there was a similar thread to this, but i couldnt find it.

anyway, is there going to be a way to trade with others, and how will this system work?

^ Top

Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Well there is no npcs but with other players I suppose you would just drop the item in front of you.
Maybe a trade window for safe exchange?
No Signature

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1)
I'm not entirely sure what I'd want to be honest. A way to safely trade typical MMO style would be good in one way, but it would also kind of ruin the feeling that the world is a dangerous place where you might get scammed/robbed. I think I'd prefer there to be no safe trading for this reason, but it wouldn't really bother me too much if there was.
-TJ

@Tumuz

^ Top

xxTJxx wrote:
I'm not entirely sure what I'd want to be honest. A way to safely trade typical MMO style would be good in one way, but it would also kind of ruin the feeling that the world is a dangerous place where you might get scammed/robbed. I think I'd prefer there to be no safe trading for this reason, but it wouldn't really bother me too much if there was.

I honestly agree with TJ, although this is going to pose a lot of problems... Trolls...
Love thy neighbor, and then take his T.V.

I tried to warn everybody, but they didn't listen... Reposts...

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Just dropping items would create issues where players could just steal everything dropped and quit the server, which is no fun. I'd prefer an actual trading mechanism, but it probably wouldn't be a priority for a long time.

Join The Survivor's Legion clan here!
Send me a PM if you have comments, questions or if your clan is interested in becoming allies!

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1)
Is no fun, but it also is.
Don't trade with someone if you don't trust him.

^ Top

Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
I'd prefer no safe exchange. If they steal just shoot em (if pvp is on)
There should be safe exchange if there is no pvp
No Signature

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Drop trade would be perfect I reckon. If you don't want others to see you trading your marvelous m60 then go somewhere safe to trade.

Real life people. Real life.
|-| General-FAQ |-| Forum-Rules |-|
I'm not a Sandswept dev. Just a Volunteer Mod!
PM if you need any help!

^ Top

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
We plan to let you inspect other players when you're near them, so we could probably incorporate trading with that.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Eoino wrote:
Well there is no npcs but with other players I suppose you would just drop the item in front of you.
Maybe a trade window for safe exchange?

That's what some games do, maybe that'll be in this game (Like Minecraft for example)

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Zag wrote:
We plan to let you inspect other players when you're near them, so we could probably incorporate trading with that.

Couldn't you just shoot them and take their stuff? I mean I like the idea, but im taking into account the trolls.
Why Not?

^ Top

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
H4Z4RD wrote:
Couldn't you just shoot them and take their stuff? I mean I like the idea, but im taking into account the trolls.

You don't drop your stuff when you die. (Well, you drop food, at the moment.)

Solution to players who shoot you for your stuff: Shoot back.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1)
First thing I do in the morning, not even getting out of bed...check the kickstarter, twitter and the forums...haha

On topic: How about this, if the server has PvP turned on, there will be no safe trading and if it's off there will be. And to counter-act someone stealing your stuff and running off in the middle of a trade, and I'm not sure if this is actually possible but I'd think it is...make it so if a player drops something from his inventory it will leave the item with a "tag" that says it belongs to the player(doesn't need to actually say it, just in the background) and that tag stays on the item for X amount of time and if someone kills the thief within that set amount of time he will drop the item in question.

It doesn't really matter to me, but I'm just trying to come up with a way to counter act the potential trolls, I still think there shouldn't be a safe trading system if possible, or maybe just make it so the server admin can choose whether or not there is, I know you guys said you want the players to be able to customize their games.

Sorry if post is messy, literally just woke up.
-TJ

@Tumuz

^ Top

As long as TDL gets a safe trade system that ensure both parties get what they agreed upon scamming is less likely to occur, now in order to avoid rip off weapons should have some kind of overall score or particular score at something, so you might decide to trade one for another, if cars need keys then you might actually be able to trade them, if gasoline can be kept you could trade food or even a knife or something for it, that kind of trading system would be cool, of course there needs to be a balance whether trading can take place anywhere of if there should be any particular conditions to be met first.

Just by the love of god, dont be as naive to think money would be word a dime after the outbreak. Dont wanna point anyone but Dead Frontier did wrong there, and there is a lot of scamming going on in there. Cant believe they havent added a safe trading system yet, despite tons of examples.
No Signature

^ Top

Zag wrote:
H4Z4RD wrote:

You don't drop your stuff when you die. (Well, you drop food, at the moment.)

Solution to players who shoot you for your stuff: Shoot back.

Sadly i have to agree, though realism demands dropping everything i can already imagine the bullies killing lonely players or teams for their supplies, though it is a reality it can get exploited.
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Well in the FAQ it mentions a lot of "options" for peoples own playstyle, so we can reason that a lot of these options will be serverside for multiplayer. But I think if the option of dropping everything upon death was available, most servers would turn it off. Too much availability for griefing or other problems. Such as losing connection and people killing you or that kind of thing, losing food is sufficient.

Really as far as trading goes, you really may not want your most valueable stuff on your person anyway, possibly stuffed away safe in your hideout. Trading would be done in secret anyway, usually with people you trust. If your trading with someone you trust, do it in your safehouse and you dont have to worry about griefing, if your trading with someone you dont trust, you would probably be out in the open and have little on you anyway.

I think that a drop trading system would be more than sufficient, and I wouldnt want to see a lot of time devoted to a secure system of trading, since its not a big payoff in a game like this. I mean maybe later on it would be nice, but in a server of 16 or so people, secure trades arent exactly crucial.
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I would find it interesting if you perhaps drop at least one random item when you die, so that you still would have to stay cautious when trading with strangers. I want the possibility of being robbed. The idea of having a friend staying hidden somewhere with a sniper rifle, covering me in case things go sour, is pretty damned awesome.
Listen to space:
http://topaz.streamguys.tv/~spaceweather/

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Himmelton wrote:
I would find it interesting if you perhaps drop at least one random item when you die, so that you still would have to stay cautious when trading with strangers. I want the possibility of being robbed. The idea of having a friend staying hidden somewhere with a sniper rifle, covering me in case things go sour, is pretty damned awesome.

Or pointing a shotgun to the side of his head lawl. Drop trading just seems bad in a way though, like a few possibilites for things to go sour...But whatever the game decides on i'll accept really.
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Shrapnel wrote:
Himmelton wrote:

Or pointing a shotgun to the side of his head lawl. Drop trading just seems bad in a way though, like a few possibilites for things to go sour...But whatever the game decides on i'll accept really.

Like I said, im sure there will be certain options for server owners, in the FAQ it is mentioned there there will be a form of "hardcore" mode. Which im sure would have some form of major losses when you die, basically starting from scratch as a new survivor.

I think there should be some form of loss when you die, like food was mentioned already being implimented, and also a form of risk when trading.
No Signature

^ Top

Back to Top of Page