LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Backer! (1)
I remember when L4D was being hyped up over steam non-stop (playing CS:S, TF2, etc. and all the servers being advertised by it), and when the demo came out...

I think I played the demo more than I played the actual game. No zombie game like that had ever been released, and just seeing hordes of them coming out at me was the most intense experience ever, especially during the first playthrough.

Anyone else remember that glorious experience?
[NES] North Eastern Survivors
http://www.caseyrobertsonphoto.com

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Spotlighted! (1) Quality Post (1) Showcased! (2) Backer! (1)
Nope, but I do remember the first time I played it. Yeah, the horde was quite an experience.

^ Top

Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
No, that was a time before Ireland had the internet. Well before I had anyway :P
No Signature

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
Oh my gosh. I remembered when you could jump on the air conditioning unit and skip like the whole first part. That was such an awesome demo. I don't know why I always enjoy the demos more than I enjoy the actual game...
Theta Studios
Steam Profile

^ Top

I can remember the first time I played it hordes of zombies setting off all the car alarms in sight, one pistol zombie GENOCIDE
Ah hell! I tell people to not come out here alone well. Thats life out here better to accept it. [Sunny Smiles ~ Fallout Newvegas

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Yeah, for some reason I loved the demo way more than the actual game. I had been following it for so long XD
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Oh god I was so addicted to that game when it first came out. Don't play it anymore though. I didn't like left 4 dead 2 too much, I preferred the dark moody gameplay from L4D1
No Signature

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1)
Yeah, i remember playing the demo.

I think i probably enjoyed the demo a lot more than i actually enjoyed the actual game, L4D was kinda dissapointing for me to be honest- it sounded a lot more horror intense when it was under development, rather than the cartoony-movie type effect that it had.

^ Top

Alright lets get started, shall we?
(I'm below the age of 18, So this wasn't long ago that it happened.)
So, I remember that my best friend Tristan told me about a co-op game about zombies, and I don't remember what else he said but he told me about this in around 2004. (The time Left 4 Dead started going into development.) So I was only about 6. And he was like 8. (Yes, I know... little kids shouldn't know about this, but what ever.)
So he tells me about this, then 4 years later, i'm over at my friend Bryce's house, and we are on the Xbox dashboard. So we go to the Xbox marketplace, and we see 'LEFT FOR DEAD' up on the demo section. I'm like, "DUDE! Go click on that!" And then we click on it, and we read the description, and I think to my self, Wait a second... That was the game Tristan told me about a long time ago!
So yeah, We played it, and then my 16 year old sister started to play with me on the demo, more then we did on the game, I remember we never wanted to finish the Subway mission, so we camped out at the top and just messed around.
Good times. Good times.
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
i remember seeing the first game play video of it- i forgot about it for a few months after that- it came out and i forgot
wat

^ Top

Back to Top of Page