LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Artiste (1) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
This is a pretty interesting article
For those who don't know Crytek made Crysis and Farcry.

They will only be working on F2P games after Crysis 3.
http://kotaku.com/5917153/once-crysis-3 ... play-games
-----------
Join the Brotherhood of the Dead A Dead Linger Clan, and visit our website Here

^ Top

Backer! (1)
huh interesting
"It's better to live one day as a lion than ten years as a lamb"

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
They're way to predictable. Yeah the game will be "Free" but you'll end up paying more in addons and other crap.
Why Not?

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Spotlighted! (1) Femme's Cookie (2) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
H4Z4RD wrote:
They're way to predictable. Yeah the game will be "Free" but you'll end up paying more in addons and other crap.

Nah, you dont need to pay a thing!
You just wont get to win (Or even really play considering how fast you would die) if you dont buy anything. That's all, you can access ALL the game content and use ALL of the weapons (For a limited time)
[/sarcasm]
Just a volunteer. Not affiliated with Sandswept Studios.
My channel

^ Top

Its not limited time
Its based on Tribes Ascend \ TF2 F2P system
With unlock and Cosmetic upgrades thats available without paying

Not the City of Heroes model where your limited on equipement etc.
-----------

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I actually see F2P systems as a way to earn more profit rather than selling a full-priced game (50-60 USD). Being free, the game will draw in more players, and the more players the game has, the more likely players will buy boosts or upgrades. The tricky situation revolving around situations though, is balance. The only thing players should has an option to pay for are experience boosts that have limited time. Extra content is debatable.
No Signature

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
warface Current F2P game they are making.

The games will never be 100% free, the games that are 100% free concern something through donations and even sponsorship.

The games that Crytek will make will be like Combat Arms, Alliance of Valiant, Team Fortress 2, battlefield PLAY4FREE and so forth. (But will most likely concern more realism) Mainly like battlefield PLAY4FREE, it will have a shop in which you can spend real money to get 'Special' weapons. So forth.
|-| TDL-FAQ |-| Suggestion-Archive |-| General-FAQ |-| Forum-Rules |-|
I am not a Sandswept developer. Just a Volunteer Mod!
Or send me a PM if you need any help!

My clan: Auzzie Bazzos

^ Top

Ya so?
TF2 has a great Pay System. I have yet to pay and I love the game.
So Does Tribes 2 Ascend. Where even if you pay, you can't unlock classes. You can only unlock by Xp points.

Of course you can get XP point boosters if you play.
Battlefield -4- Free has a bad F2P system where you pay for better weapons. Its not cosmetic only. Which really sucks.
-----------

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Wish they would just make Timesplitters 4 :(
Electro Dance Music Mixes, My New Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SirIllin?feature=mhee

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
DeadPixel wrote:
Wish they would just make Timesplitters 4 :(

I actually knew (not personally, just through another forum) that was working for the company on Timesplitters 4 before they closed down and got bought by Crytek, he was rehired as well. But he practically ditched creating the awesome game he was doing )>:
|-| TDL-FAQ |-| Suggestion-Archive |-| General-FAQ |-| Forum-Rules |-|
I am not a Sandswept developer. Just a Volunteer Mod!
Or send me a PM if you need any help!

My clan: Auzzie Bazzos

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Before they go completely free to play they are still making that kinect game Ryse
zag wrote:
AUDIENCE?! What are you doing posting on the Sandswept forums?

^ Top

Backer! (1)
MrpersonGuy11 wrote:
Before they go completely free to play they are still making that kinect game Ryse

Oh Wow a Kinect game, we truly need more of these games. Kinect is probably my biggest mistake and waste of money ever when it comes to gaming.

^ Top

Well no, right now it may feel that way.
But kinect is only a foot step from something better.
Augmented reality is going to be a big thing, and the technology behind kinect is going to go a real long way.

Already new tech is coming out around kinect. But it just may take some time to come to fruition.
-----------

^ Top

Backer! (1)
xxswatelitexx wrote:
Augmented reality is going to be a big thing, and the technology behind kinect is going to go a real long way.

Already new tech is coming out around kinect. But it just may take some time to come to fruition.

I think it'll be a really long time before something worthwhile has been created. It's just I can't see a future anymore for his piece of crap, creating the movement for a Kinect game seems a little too difficult for developers now a days and all they end up doing is these 'on the rails' games as they are called. As well as that the requirements are a little too high for how much space is required as well as no finger and barely any leg tracking. I can imagine them scrapping Kinect and creating a new more advanced type of this technology rather than Kinect every becoming successful. That's just what I think anyway, until a dedicated Kinect developer comes a long with some original and amazing idea that really utilizes the full potential of Kinect, it'll always be a waste of money to me.

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Spotlighted! (1) Femme's Cookie (2) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
DeadPixel wrote:
xxswatelitexx wrote:

I think it'll be a really long time before something worthwhile has been created. It's just I can't see a future anymore for his piece of crap, creating the movement for a Kinect game seems a little too difficult for developers now a days and all they end up doing is these 'on the rails' games as they are called. As well as that the requirements are a little too high for how much space is required as well as no finger and barely any leg tracking. I can imagine them scrapping Kinect and creating a new more advanced type of this technology rather than Kinect every becoming successful. That's just what I think anyway, until a dedicated Kinect developer comes a long with some original and amazing idea that really utilizes the full potential of Kinect, it'll always be a waste of money to me.

I'm with you. If Kinnect is the future of console gaming then I am glad I have a PC.
They said PC gaming was dying, but I think Kinnect was the shot of adrenaline that will stabilize it while people like the fine people at sandswept(and the seedy people, everyone at sandswept has a hand in it) resuscitate it.
My channel

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Achievable Achieved! (1)
combofix wrote:
huh interesting
Exactly what I was going to say.
STEELHEAD FOR LIFE

^ Top

Quality Post (1)
I really enjoy this fact, its quite a great developmental shift they are making, many people enjoy Crytek's games, and having them for free will be a plus. I also urge you not to forget that they do license their game engine out to everyone who wants it, non-commercial or commercial, so that will add a cushion to fall on if they ever start getting bad sales from their to-be F2P titles. You guys should also check out Gface and Warface, I reserved my name for Warface a few months back and got into the Gface beta and I have to say its pretty neat!

http://www.gface.com/

(And howell, are you a stalker fan?)
MAGIC CLAW(press me)

^ Top

JamesFredds wrote:
(And howell, are you a stalker fan?)

Yes I am, I have and have beaten all 3 games multiple times (and love them all)
My channel

^ Top

Quality Post (1)
Howell2010 wrote:

Ha, nice. I am aswell, infact I just beat CoP yesterday for the third time on master difficulty, and got all the good endings accept The Keeper of Secrets because I accidentally sold one of the notes. You should probably check out Project Cryzone and Vostok Games if you haven't already.
MAGIC CLAW(press me)

^ Top

Backer! (1)
JamesFredds wrote:
Howell2010 wrote:

Ha, nice. I am aswell, infact I just beat CoP yesterday for the third time on master difficulty, and got all the good endings accept The Keeper of Secrets because I accidentally sold one of the notes. You should probably check out Project Cryzone and Vostok Games if you haven't already.

I haven't gotten chance to play these games but they look like something I would really enjoy and I just got my PC upgraded. Which one should I start with?

^ Top

Back to Top of Page