Yep, DayZ is definitely one of the best survival game I played, it is exactly what I expect Dead Linger to be. I am removing my pledge aswell because now i'm really afraid it just won't be as good as DayZ.... (It has t he big map, the engine, and the mechanics to give a very realistic experience) just because of Zag saying dayz is a run n game with Zombies, it's totally not the case. I think the guy at Sandswept should admit it's good and say "Hey let's do better" rather than "No this is just a run n gun zombie game don't go play it"...
Should I just list off the logical shortcomings in this post?
- I never said don't go play it. I have no opinion on whether or not you should play it, I am merely pointing out the stark differences.
- The game is very run and gun. The game consists mainly of running across large open areas, and shooting zombies as they get close. There is very little to the survival aspect, sans collecting some gear off of the ground. There is no barricading or long-term survival in the mod.
- The AI is rather shoddy, and the animations leave much to be desired, but mainly these issues make the combat rather glitchy. When combat is glitchy, survival becomes harder, but not in a more skillful manner.
- A mod team will not keep pace with a full time, fully paid team. People who withdraw pledges or whatever it may be to donate to the mod team are more than welcome to, but the amount of money the mod team members need to go full time is a lot more than they're receiving from that, and ...
- They are building the mod on the ARMA II engine, which is built for large-scale warfare, low-population combat simulation, not mass zombie survival. The zombie population in the mod can't be very high due to the engine not being built from the ground up to support it. That will never change, because it's impossible to change with mod tools.
Post above; my remarks about accuracy and headshots were specifically about the zombies being able to be killed by chest shots. It has nothing to do with military/police tactics (such as aiming center mass.)
The game is not The Dead Linger. The difference will become clear eventually, even for the foggiest of the bunch.