LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1)
Something not in The Dead Linger that you think would be a great addition but don't have the time/ability to make such a item?
Well post your item requests here!

Someone might just make it for you.

Current Suggestions:

Clothing
Football Helmet
Football Chest Pads
Football, Baseball, Basketball

Blunt Trama
Wooden Baseball Bat
Aluminum Baseball Bat
Electric Guitars (Ibanez RG Series, Fender Stratocaster, Gibson Les Paul)
Acoustic Guitars (Maybe the same model with a light and dark skin)
Brass Knuckles

Blades
Pocket Knife
Kukni
Bowie Knife
Diving Knife
Butterfly Knife
Katana - These are a lot more common than you would think (especially in run-down neighborhoods)
Sword- Less common than Katanas, but some people own these
Fireman's Axe - Yes.
Halligan Bar
Battle Axe
Hoe (Which can decay into a spear-type object)

Guns (Possible Attachments) - Suggester's Comments
M1911 (laser sight, silencer, extended magazine) - My favorite pistol, please include! :)
Beretta 92A1 (laser sight, silencer, extended magazine) - A newer version of the 92FS
Tec 9 - A lot of American gangs use these as they are cheap, fully automatic, and easy to conceal
Glock 17 (laser sight, silencer, extended magazine) - American police are issued these (without attachments)
Mosin Nagant (bayonet) - These are fairly common among gun enthusiasts because they are cheap ($100) and fun to shoot. Ammo is fairly rare though (it uses Russian caliber, I buy mine online)
M14 (reflex sight, extended magazine)
AR15 (reflex sight, extended magazine, silencer)
Remington 870P - This used to be standard for police, they might have a choice of shotgun because I still see these once in a while.
Remington 11-87 - American police are issued these, there's usually one in each patrol car.
Remington 870MCS - Possibly interchangable parts?
IMI Desert Eagle .50AE - troll Zed from close range
Barrett M82A1 - troll Zed from skyscraper rooftop
Benelli M3 Shotgun - always need a shotgun in zombie apocalypse
SVD
AK47 (with GP-30 underbarrel grenade launcher firing 40mm buckshot rounds)
P90
Mac 11
(A picture of the above.)

And for those of you using Blender who think their submission might be a little too high poly, here's a baking tutorial.
I'm ... not very coherent.

^ Top

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
Good idea. Stickied.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
A vibrating.... Nah just kidding.
I wouldn't mind seeing someone create a proper katana or a Ninjatō :)

Also possibly a Butterfly knife (?)
Or even a nicely created stick (Not small, probably like a 4x4 cut log, but as a stick that players could use to smash the zombies in the face with(?) )

This is how you wan't this thread used right?
|-| General-FAQ |-| Forum-Rules |-|
I'm not a Sandswept dev. Just a Volunteer Mod!
PM if you need any help!

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Kuri!
Why Not?

^ Top

waddlesticks wrote:
A vibrating.... Nah just kidding.
I wouldn't mind seeing someone create a proper katana or a Ninjatō :)

Also possibly a Butterfly knife (?)
Or even a nicely created stick (Not small, probably like a 4x4 cut log, but as a stick that players could use to smash the zombies in the face with(?) )

This is how you wan't this thread used right?
Yeah, that's about right.

I'll be updating the OP as well so people don't need to scroll through.

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Oh by the big stick, kind of like a small log object that is easily moved around. Hmmm to think of it isn't a great idea...
|-| General-FAQ |-| Forum-Rules |-|
I'm not a Sandswept dev. Just a Volunteer Mod!
PM if you need any help!

^ Top

waddlesticks wrote:
Oh by the big stick, kind of like a small log object that is easily moved around. Hmmm to think of it isn't a great idea...
Well should I remove it from the list or?
Because I kind of like the idea of a nice wizard's stick to wave around.

Thats slightly what I was thinking of, but a little shorter :D

^ Top

Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
I could make some of these myself but here you are:

Sports Gear
Wooden Baseball Bat
Aluminum Baseball Bat
Football Helmet
Football Chest Pads
Football, Baseball, Basketball

Instruments
Electric Guitars (Ibanez RG Series, Fender Stratocaster, Gibson Les Paul)
Acoustic Guitars (Maybe the same model with a light and dark skin)

Knives/Blades
Pocket Knife
Bowie Knife
Diving Knife
Butterfly Knife
Katana - These are a lot more common than you would think (especially in run-down neighborhoods)
Sword- Less common than Katanas, but some people own these
Fireman's Axe - Yes.

Firearms (Find-able Attachments)
M1911 (laser sight, silencer, extended magazine) - My favorite pistol, please include! :)
Beretta 92A1 (laser sight, silencer, extended magazine) - A newer version of the 92FS
Tec 9 - A lot of American gangs use these as they are cheap, fully automatic, and easy to conceal
Glock 17 (laser sight, silencer, extended magazine) - American police are issued these (without attachments)
Mosin Nagant (bayonet) - These are fairly common among gun enthusiasts because they are cheap ($100) and fun to shoot. Ammo is fairly rare though (it uses Russian caliber, I buy mine online)
M14 (reflex sight, extended magazine)
AR15 (reflex sight, extended magazine, silencer)
Remington 870P - This used to be standard for police, they might have a choice of shotgun because I still see these once in a while.
Remington 11-87 - American police are issued these, there's usually one in each patrol car.

Other
Brass Knuckles

Note: Silencers, brass knuckles, and automatic weapons are illegal in America (without a class three license, which VERY few people have), so these would be rare and hard to find.
Knives over three inches are illegal to carry, so these would be uncommon on the streets (even in a zombie apocalypse, most people would either be completely caught off-guard and eaten or they would have a firearm).

^ Top

Damn, I suppose I better categorise the OP.

There's nothing wrong with you making some of those anyway, you can finally fill up that thread you made. ;)

^ Top

Sandsweeper wrote:
Damn, I suppose I better categorise the OP.

There's nothing wrong with you making some of those anyway, you can finally fill up that thread you made. ;)

Yeah, I was expecting to have something out soon after making it but then I got bombarded with homework. Taking today off so I'll see what I can do about that 1911...

^ Top

Cool, I'll be sure to add your version as soon as I see it.

Oh and guys try not to be overly vague here, stuff like Big Stick and Hunting Knife can be interpereted many ways.
(I dropped Big Stick because waddlesticks wasn't sure and the Kukri substituted the Hunting Knife)

^ Top

Sandsweeper wrote:
Cool, I'll be sure to add your version as soon as I see it.

Oh and guys try not to be overly vague here, stuff like Big Stick and Hunting Knife can be interpereted many ways.
(I dropped Big Stick because waddlesticks wasn't sure and the Kukri substituted the Hunting Knife)

Fixed: I meant a Bowie Knife.

^ Top

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
Just a point of note with your terminology. Baseball bats are blunt melee weapons, not clothing.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Oh crap, yeah.

Fixed.

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1)
Please somebody make Halligan
Useful stuff

^ Top

I noticed someone posted for the Remington 870, please replace with this (870MCS) http://www.remingtonle.com/shotguns/870mcs.htm. Soooooooo awesome if that system could somehow be implemented.

I also notice a lot of the suggested firearms are either military/gang related. Considering the personal defense weapon market in America is huge, more of the included firearms should be more realistically applicable to this, also considering how people are going to rush to their local gun store to pick up a 22. or a small PDW to defend themselves.

Weapons like the MP7, MP5, M9, USP, Mini-14 and the like would be more common than say an M4A1 or an Uzi. I also believe that these PDW should be semi-auto, but once a certain proficiency is reached, and a certain tool is found, the player is able to modify/upgrade the weapons to burst fire and automatic, but at a risk of damaging the weapon.

Modifications should also be both interchangeable and permanent, like a red dot sight or a laser pointer being interchangeable between certain weapons, but a modified chamber to allow a different round or full automatic fire be permanent.

My two cents i guess.
No Signature

^ Top

A Battleaxe would be really awesome =D.
Sarcasm ho!

^ Top

TL;DR - Gardening hoe as a weapon that could break into a crude spear, then sharpened into a better spearhead.

I know this may sound silly, but I have lived on farms my entire life and I would like to note that a lot of times when a gardening hoe breaks the flat piece snaps from the weld and leaves a nasty little metal "Spike" of sorts at the end.

So my request would be a hoe, and if (which I surely hope) weapons degrade over time then there would be a chance of the end breaking off into this dull spike. Then possibly the ability to grind said dull spike into a sharpened spear head. It'd make great common use item to keep zeds at a distance, and the spike is thick enough metal to be strong enough to punch through skull with force put into the thrust.
No Signature

^ Top

Whoops, messed up trying to update.
mandatory wrote:
I noticed someone posted for the Remington 870, please replace with this (870MCS) http://www.remingtonle.com/shotguns/870mcs.htm. Soooooooo awesome if that system could somehow be implemented.

Ah I added both, they're rather asthetically and functionally different.

^ Top

Weapons: (Zombie Killing Essentials)
IMI Desert Eagle .50AE (troll Zed from close range)
Barrett M82A1 (troll Zed from skyscraper rooftop)
Benelli M3 Shotgun (always need a shotgun in zombie apocalypse)
Other Weapons: (Nice to haves)
SVD
AK47 (with GP-30 underbarrel grenade launcher firing 40mm buckshot rounds)
P90
M1911A1 (already mentioned above, I know)
Mac 11

e.g. please help me bring my collection in-game: Image
No Signature

^ Top

Back to Top of Page