LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1)
I LOVE the first one - and cried at the second one - anyone who has palyed the sims, and failed horribly, should no what I'm talking about. I really love your artwork - You deserve that dropbox :)
I am not a Sandswept developer.

Zag wrote:
If you post anything that arouses me, I will permanently ban you.

Rules are Kewl: http://www.sandswept.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19

^ Top

Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
TehFrederick wrote:
I LOVE the first one - and cried at the second one - anyone who has palyed the sims, and failed horribly, should no what I'm talking about. I really love your artwork - You deserve that dropbox :)

Thanks Fred, errr... what dropbox?

Saw a logo retouch in another thread, think I'll play around with the logo as well in vector

Edit:
And here it is

You guys have several version of the actual logo?
The one in the forum background is pretty much symmetrical ... but the one I used as the base for mmking in vector was from the wallpaper logo, w/ the bottom curves different from left & right.. thought it was unusual.

All colouring & shaping done in vector, then used shop to add a little noise and blur the pic a little.
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Hm, I like it. Reminds me of brains.
No Signature

^ Top

UltraJake wrote:
Hm, I like it. Reminds me of brains.

Thanks! Interestingly the texture is called spaghetti... more like a creepy spaghetti to me :D
No Signature

^ Top

The bunny zombie reminds me of Donny Darko xD
Your choice is who you choose to be,
And if you're causin' no harm, then you're alright with me.

^ Top

EminentAbyss wrote:
The bunny zombie reminds me of Donny Darko xD

The very same thought came into my mind while sketching it ;D

Next sketch,

Our team is on standby for YOU, ALWAYS

No Signature

^ Top

Chopping zed heads with a sword is probably not easy as we think..
But the armour should provide enough protection for a slow getaway

No Signature

^ Top

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
Medieval armor with some kind of motorcycle helmet. Genius.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Wow, I just found this. I like the idea of a pull cart there. Awesome sketch.
- Richard
CTO Sandswept Studios
"Inside every complex program is a simple program trying to get out."

^ Top

The knight needs a surgical mask over the lower portion of the visor :-)
- Richard
CTO Sandswept Studios
"Inside every complex program is a simple program trying to get out."

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Absolutely stunning, nice job.
If you have not played S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call Of Pripyat or Metro 2033 you better start.

Also Chief recruiter of ETW (The Exploration Team Of The World)
Exploration Team of the World, a whople lotta fun.

^ Top

Thanks for the comments guys

Bike helmet is certainly more comfortable than a medieval helmet.. plus it gives us better peripheral vision (probably bite and scratch proof too :D)

So if there is going to be a complete mall in the game, I'll be making a dash to the antique store.
But will probably switch the sword for a morning star, more effective for bashing heads.

Just have to make sure I got a squire to tag a long and help me suit up... and hope I don't trip

...surgical mask?... the virus isn't airbourne ... is it??
No Signature

^ Top

secondOption wrote:
...surgical mask?... the virus isn't airbourne ... is it??

Surgical masks are actually for blood spatter (arterial spray and the like, they don't stop airborne anything) but don't ask me why Thunderfist told you to add one.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

That how i was planning to look in the game
No Signature

^ Top

Showcased! (1)
Loved the drawings, very nice, I liked the one with the sword and armor.

So how do you upload these, they look like they are drawn on paper? I drew some things and there was no way I was getting a picture ofthe drawing that looked eve the least bit decent.
Please check out my clan Technically Tactical >HERE<!!!
Check out all my other topis too.

^ Top

Zag wrote:
Surgical masks are actually for blood spatter (arterial spray and the like, they don't stop airborne anything) but don't ask me why Thunderfist told you to add one.

Thought arterial sprays wouldn't be an issue, with Zed's blood being coagulated and all..

Unknown Pancake wrote:
Loved the drawings, very nice, I liked the one with the sword and armor.

So how do you upload these, they look like they are drawn on paper? I drew some things and there was no way I was getting a picture ofthe drawing that looked eve the least bit decent.

Thanks unknown pancake.
Yeah, they were drawn on paper, then took pictures of them with my blackberry -> bluetooth -> PC... browsing on blackberry is just too unbearable X(
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
secondOption wrote:
Zag wrote:

Thought arterial sprays wouldn't be an issue, with Zed's blood being coagulated and all..

Hitting a zombie hard enough in the head with a sledge or a mace or something, and you might get bits of cranium and brain between your lips :P Zombie Combat Manual says you should wear something to cover your mouth, like a painter's mask, unless you know how to keep your mouth shut in combat.

Spoiler: show
Zombie Combat Manual, on "Improvised Weapons > Sledgehammer" wrote:
Users of this weapon also need to be cautious of the "splatter effect." If a strike smashes into its target with a high degree of force, the zombie skull may fragment, scattering bits of contaminated bone and tissue outward, possibly toward unsuspecting humans in the surrounding perimeter.

Zombie Combat Manual, on "Defensive Equipment > Face Mask" wrote:
This piece of equipment may be unnecessary, especially for trained individuals who have learned to keep their mouth closed during close combat, but for those who desire additional protection, a face mask will prevent a mist of infected gore from landing between your lips. Face masks are porous for the obvious reason of allowing oxygen to pass through the material, but choose one that ensures a tight seal around the mouth cavity. A painter's mask is your simplest, most inexpensive option. Face shields worn for sporting activities such as paintball also work well, as they were designed to safeguard against high-velocity fluid splatter.

Anyways, this is off topic now. Sorry OP!
ARTWORK, PHOTOGRAPHY - by Savage Beatings

Hey Luke! I'm over here in the grass, man!

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Grats on the showcase, well deserved!
wat

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Spotlighted! (1) Femme's Cookie (2) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
Alright, there are too many to comment on all of them (Plus I can't think of any other comments for the others except Awesome :P )

the first picture...scared the hell out of me.
Before, when I thought about the game, I was thinking of quiet, lonesome streets. Plastic bags and news papers blowing about in the wind. Dilapidated junk strewn about.
But that picture... It is hot, and bloody, and chaotic. That is a war, a vicious battlefield where ever step, every centimeter is one hard horrible bloody vicious fight after another. A hellish place where you aren't sure if you should be relieved you got one step further, or curse god that you haven't died yet. A place where no one, no matter how battle hungry, fearless, or anti-social wants to be.

I thought I would be calm and calculated in the game. But if the game has the same feel as that picture, I can imagine no other feelings than fear and loathing. Worse than the feeling of being pinned down by machine gun fire in arma.

Truly awe inspiring work sir.
Just a volunteer. Not affiliated with Sandswept Studios.
My channel

^ Top

Awesome job! :D

^ Top

Back to Top of Page