Seems unnecessary that it's 1092 polys. It's simpler than your other models, really, and looking at the textured version, it looks pretty flat and low-curve as it is. You could probably work with those polys a bit better, they're being wasted somewhere. (If you post a wireframe I could tell you where.)
It did seem strange at the time It would be fairly easy to drop it down below 1000 polys, I think I was starting to see 1000 as a target rather than a limit. If you're still bothered here's the wireframe for the model.Spade Wireframe
The difference between this model and the hatchet is that I started with a 16 sided cylinder for the handle rather than a 12 sided which I used on the hatchet, that's probably the main cause of the increase in polys.