LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Im going to use my concept for perks for this. Anyways come up with perks (not OP) that could be in the game.

Tips:
Each player would have a balance of 15 points to spend on perks, so choose how much each on is wisely.
Perks can be in multiple levels, and make sure the first one is a little more expensive than the others.

Scout (Level 1) - 3 points
+X% Run Speed
+X% Quietness

Scout (Level 2) - 1 Point
+X% Run Speed
+X% Quietness

Scout (Level 3) - 1 Point
+X% Run Speed
+X% Quietness

CQB (Level 1) - 3 Points
+X% Melee damage
Melee degradation extremely minimized

CQB (Level 2) - 1 Point
+X% Melee damage

CQB (Level 3) - 2 Points
+X% Melee damage
Silent when attacking enemies with melee weapon.

Weightlifter - 2 Points
Weight has less affect on movement speed.

Conditioned - 2 Points
+X% run speed

Gun Smith - 3 Points
With some scrap metal, you can fix any weapon.
Guns degrade slower

Mechanic - 3 Points
Be able to drive, fix, and upgrade all vehicles.

Scavenger (Level 1) - 2 Points
Better chance of finding rarer items.
Ammo has X% more.

Scavenger (Level 2) - 2 Points
Food and ammo become easily found (Outline of either will appear through walls)

Berserk - 2 Points
When Health drops below X%, player gets a X% boost to speed, stamina, and melee damage for X seconds.

Leadership Qualities - 3 Points
Teammates within X Radius gain X bonus to Health, Health Regen, and Accuracy.

Adrenalin Rush - 3 Points
Killing X enemies will result in a X% damage/speed/stamina regeneration boost for X seconds. While in effect, every enemy killed adds 1 Second (2 if using melee weapon).

Negative perks
You can have up to 2 of these active at a time, and they give extra points to use.

Fear of Heights - +2 Points
When 2 stories above ground level, become louder, accuracy drops, and all actions are slower.
Can't ride in aerial vehicles.
Why Not?

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Good idea! I think I will most likely become scout. Im more of the sneaky type >:D
This is a block of text that will be added to my posts

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Sounds good, I thought this was going to be something like the 'Project Zombiod' system (Hated it)

But it seems pretty good! As long as negative perks are optional.
|-| General-FAQ |-| Forum-Rules |-|
I'm not a Sandswept dev. Just a Volunteer Mod!
PM if you need any help!

^ Top

Yeah, but perks with negative effects have to be way stronger overall.

And to be bluntly, those perks are totally overpowered.

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Darcurse wrote:
Yeah, but perks with negative effects have to be way stronger overall.

And to be bluntly, those perks are totally overpowered.

Values can be changed, its to give a general idea.

Also you guys should feel free to come up with ideas.
Why Not?

^ Top

*cough*Secretly I'm trying to overthrow Sandswept and force the implementation of a skill-system*cough*

But if I had to made something, I'd love to add more "special" stuff:

-"Recycle: everytime/everywhere"
You have a X% chance to automatically collect a shell case for every fired cartridge.

-"PANIC!!!"
If mutliple enemies start targeting you, turning around and trying to escape will result in a X% movement boost for X seconds.

-"You shall not pass!!!"
Fighting enemies, without moving or standing on a higher ground, will result in a X% damage boost. Breaks if you get outfight or start to move again.

-"Assassination"
Attacking an idle enemy will result in an instant kill.
(Note: Won't work on players)

-"Adrenalin Rush"
Killing X enemies will result in a X% damage/speed/stamina regeneration boost for X seconds. Can be refreshed by killing an enemy before the effect expires.

-"Berserker"
Dropping below X% Health will result in a X% damage/speed/stamina regenration boost for X seconds.

-"Gun enthusiast"
Degradation of guns is slowed by X%, making them less likely to jam/fail.

-"Rain man"
Noise, generated by your movement/melee attacks, is further decreased by X% while it's raining/thundering.

-"I can stop whenever I want!"
The intensity of side effects caused by drugs is reduced by X%.

-"Travelling in a pack"
While being in a X radius to teammates/other survivors you gain a X% stamina regeneration boost and become hungry X% slower.

-"Leadership qualities"
Teammates/other survivors in a X radius close to you gain a X% stamina regeneration / accuracy boost.
(Note: I think those two perks above are a great addition, but some state like "Moral" is missing which should be more reasonable to implement here)

-"Durex won't save you from that!"
Every shot as a X% chance to penetrate the target and hit another enemy.

Ofc every "X" stands for an individual number.
I made all of them on spot, atm no time to think of some with negative aspects.

^ Top

I don't think perks are neccesarily a good idea...nobody in real like has "perks"...if you have a certain skill...you werked on it
I IZ DA NO0BZORZ!!! F34R M3H!!!
Attended The college of Poppin' Craniums in SA

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1)
gameplay > realism
Got it this time H4Z4RD

^ Top

TheArhive wrote:
gameplay > realism
Got it this time H4Z4RD

Thanks for that! People in real life have abilities that are also very unbalanced. Should we make the game so how you make your character determines how good or bad you are?
Why Not?

^ Top

No perks for me, just make the weapons and items behave differently so you need to learn to use them like in real life. I don´t want to play a realistic zombie game where i need to learn how to use an axe, or sniper rifle based on some preset learning factor that´s totally unrealistic.

^ Top

Mostly perks are there to improve sth. not to make it possible.

Btw.: It kinda sounds like some here don't know it, but actually "Perks" (or however Sandswept will name it) are the main individualization-system atm (skilling system planned/not certain).

^ Top

How about something simple like one perk lets you hear zombies/people at a greater distance. Maybe another perk where you can see a bit more clearly at a distance than people who don't have that perk.
No Signature

^ Top

Knoxville wrote:
How about something simple like one perk lets you hear zombies/people at a greater distance. Maybe another perk where you can see a bit more clearly at a distance than people who don't have that perk.

Binoculars and sound enhancing headphones would do that without perks.

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I don't like this.. I don't like this at all. See food through walls?
I would prefer a system where you actually have to be better at things, to be better.. at things. ..

Okay, I can accept some of them, like fixing broken weapons and things like that. But see food.. through WALLS?? And health bonus? It shouldn't even be a health bar for Christ sake.

What's up with you people these days ?

Maybe you want to collect power stars and health mushrooms too ? Or every 20 zombie you kill makes you spit fire for 15 sec?
No Signature

^ Top

needlegate wrote:
I would prefer a system where you actually have to be better at things, to be better.. at things. ..

Its call Ideas. Also gameplay > Realism. Of course you could want gameplay which would be annoying as hell in an unlimited world, and would limit replay value.

Theres not going to be stat bars, so your want to get better at things probably wont end up turning out.
Why Not?

^ Top

Spotlighted! (1) Backer! (1)
H4Z4RD wrote:
needlegate wrote:

Its call Ideas. Also gameplay > Realism. Of course you could want gameplay which would be annoying as hell in an unlimited world, and would limit replay value.

Theres not going to be stat bars, so your want to get better at things probably wont end up turning out.

how would it limit replay value? I think perks are a terrible thing. I would like to just have a proficiency system. The more you do something, the better you get at it, no silly perks or skills needed there. It's also realistic, you're not a good gamer because you have a set skill or perk for it, you are because you play games often.
Exploration Team of the World, a whople lotta fun.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

^ Top

But only playing often doesn't make you a good gamer "overall".
Like Playing shooter doesn't help you at sports games.
Playing anything that need reflexes/good eyes doesn't help you being better at quiz games/riddle stuff.

Using a pistol doesn't mean you can handle a mg.
Maybe you get the basic drift of it that way, but you won't really improve.

We get sth like perks because we need to compensate for the realism that doesn't fit into the game/ for things that are already changed to fit gameplay.

If I'd " realistically" get better simply by doing stuff, I gonna misuse the fact that the ingame time's really fast compared to RL and some others things like rejoining different server to get the best training conditions just to max out my char and create an uber survivor.

Either way such things are prevented with perks/other unrealistic systems or you will get heavily restricted still killing that "free learning"-idea

^ Top

Spotlighted! (1) Backer! (1)
Darcurse wrote:
But only playing often doesn't make you a good gamer "overall".
Like Playing shooter doesn't help you at sports games.
Playing anything that need reflexes/good eyes doesn't help you being better at quiz games/riddle stuff.

Using a pistol doesn't mean you can handle a mg.
Maybe you get the basic drift of it that way, but you won't really improve.

We get sth like perks because we need to compensate for the realism that doesn't fit into the game/ for things that are already changed to fit gameplay.

If I'd " realistically" get better simply by doing stuff, I gonna misuse the fact that the ingame time's really fast compared to RL and some others things like rejoining different server to get the best training conditions just to max out my char and create an uber survivor.

Either way such things are prevented with perks/other unrealistic systems or you will get heavily restricted still killing that "free learning"-idea

This kind of ties in to what I was saying. lets say, you play sports games all the time, you love them. Most likely you'll be good at playing sports games because you love them, and you play them a lot. Now say you like pistols, you always use a pistol the most in zombie games, you know how to work them, the best strategy to use, max range, etc..... Most likely you'll be good using a pistol because it's your favorite weapon and you use it a lot. My original analogy was a bit too vague, and I apologize, but do you see my point now? You could tie MGs to FPS games (also the genre of games I'm using in this analogy has nothing to do with the weapon used in the anology, I'm just picking at random.)

This so called 'Free learning' could be possible if they implement it correctly and prevent people from farming from it, like they did in Skyrim. Maybe a separate survivor for PvP games or something so you can't just grind levels. Perhaps if you get a headshot on a moving target, it gets more points. Oops, got a bit off topic, but Free Learning could work and you could ditch the perks.
Exploration Team of the World, a whople lotta fun.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I like the idea of perks in general, but I think the perks should be Fallout style, and not Fallout 3 or New Vegas, but the original Fallouts (but you would have to earn them.)

The perks would be things like having a 5% better chance of finding ammo in crates or something and would be a one time purchase with only 1 level.

And then along side the perks you would get skill points to increase certain skills that had several levels such as running speed or something like that.

^ Top

Some of the perks on the beginning post are way too over powered.
As I have (somewhere) mentioned earlier, IMHO the perks should just be very slight increases in the characters knowledge of doing something. For ex. a perk level one should make you 2% faster at reloading and level 3 5% faster. (which might be the top level)

Only very slight changes!!

So none of them are overpowered and so that everyone will not play by the same style because some of the perks are too OP.
No Signature

^ Top

Back to Top of Page