LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Should there be these kind of weapons? (not necessarly spoons)
YES, include things like a great sword or armor! 61%  61%  [ 44 ]
Umm, no, this is stupid... 39%  39%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 72
There are upsides and downsides to EVERY bit of armor.

In chainmail/sharkmail, it wouldn't be fully protective, but a zombie/shark/zombie shark would certainly have a tough time with it. It would, however, allow for more movement than...

Platemail, which would be much more protective, but so limiting in movement. And tiring. If you could even find it...

Kevlar vests would be good against claws and offer some protection, but would definitely be better against survivors.

However, what's to say no one has invented special anti-zombie armor in the weeks/months since infection? Probably logic, but hey.

And, back on topic, I think legendary items would be a cool feature, if they were hidden in odd locales or hard-to-reach places.

^ Top

Spotlighted! (1) Backer! (1)
RandomPoem wrote:

In chainmail/sharkmail, it wouldn't be fully protective, but a zombie/shark/zombie shark would certainly have a tough time with it. It would, however, allow for more movement than...

Platemail, which would be much more protective, but so limiting in movement. And tiring. If you could even find it...

Kevlar vests would be good against claws and offer some protection, but would definitely be better against survivors.

However, what's to say no one has invented special anti-zombie armor in the weeks/months since infection? Probably logic, but hey.

And, back on topic, I think legendary items would be a cool feature, if they were hidden in odd locales or hard-to-reach places.

If they could be realistically found, I'm game for legendary objects. Nothing outragous, maybe just a gun that's got better stats than something you would usually find, or custom 'survival armor' that an old survivor made for himself.
Exploration Team of the World, a whople lotta fun.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

^ Top

ScottKrieger2015 wrote:
RandomPoem wrote:

If they could be realistically found, I'm game for legendary objects. Nothing outragous, maybe just a gun that's got better stats than something you would usually find, or custom 'survival armor' that an old survivor made for himself.

I want the ability to design my own crazy legendary swords/armor and such and have them randomly spawn!

^ Top

Maybe not legendary items, but if all equipment and weaponry and such had a level system, letting you know how rare something is, even just for aesthetic purposes. Like if normal stuff was in white writing for it's title and description, rare would be purple, legendary would be gold?
No Signature

^ Top

CultOfNeurisis wrote:
Maybe not legendary items, but if all equipment and weaponry and such had a level system, letting you know how rare something is, even just for aesthetic purposes. Like if normal stuff was in white writing for it's title and description, rare would be purple, legendary would be gold?

I could see that as a bit immersion-breaking though...

^ Top

Totally right, I withdraw my statement. In which case, why have legendary at all?
No Signature

^ Top

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
RandomPoem wrote:

Yes, but it's still a game. There has to be some level of item progression or the items are too boring and there's less reason to adventure and explore. We'll keep it subtle.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Showcased! (1)
When you say suttle, do you mean no lare swords and midevil armor, or no "god" (or 'Legendary") iteams? Cause I think A suite of armor holding a battle axe or sword in a large mansion or an old castle you would have gone on a vacation and saw would be a reasonable find... :3
Please check out my clan Technically Tactical >HERE<!!!
Check out all my other topis too.

^ Top

Artiste (1) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
Zag wants to run around in a suite of armor with a bastard sword and lay waste to all things infront of him.

I am guessing don't expect Excalibur or Buster Sword, Tyrfing, Dáinsleif, Kusanagi, Durendal Egeking.
-----------
Join the Brotherhood of the Dead A Dead Linger Clan, and visit our website Here

^ Top

xxswatelitexx wrote:
Zag wants to run around in a suite of armor with a bastard sword and lay waste to all things infront of him.

I am guessing don't expect Excalibur or Buster Sword, Tyrfing, Dáinsleif, Kusanagi, Durendal Egeking.

Yeah, I believe he means that you won't find anything like Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker, rather a cool katana that is unnaturally light and durable.

^ Top

Showcased! (1)
xxswatelitexx wrote:

Ha, okay. I'll keep it in my dreams. :3

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Spotlighted! (1) Femme's Cookie (2) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
xxswatelitexx wrote:

I think they should be in there(at least the non game only swords) =P
At least different textures representing the swords
Use the Fate/stay night looks =P
Just a volunteer. Not affiliated with Sandswept Studios.
My channel

^ Top

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
xxswatelitexx wrote:

I was thinking Narsil, but okay.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Showcased! (1)
Zag wrote:
xxswatelitexx wrote:

I was thinking Narsil, but okay.

Narsil, sounds and looks cool, I could see it in the game. It dosn't look like a sword that you would have to be really strong to get a good swing out of, and not small enough to throw haha.

^ Top

Backer! (1)
We need wield-able spoons ingame
Also known as: Sgt. Spoon, Zolyx, Sirion, Kirre Image

^ Top

Spotlighted! (1) Backer! (1)
RandomPoem wrote:
ScottKrieger2015 wrote:
RandomPoem wrote:

I want the ability to design my own crazy legendary swords/armor and such and have them randomly spawn!

Learn the engine and learn to code (implying that you don't already know how to.), then you can start modding.
Exploration Team of the World, a whople lotta fun.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Just reminding everyone here ytalking adout medieval armour, platemail is not that hard to walk around in, if you find one that matches your size they can be very comfortable and easy to move around in. Also to wear chain mail (which is heavier than plate) you need lots of padding underneath. Which makes it harder to move in.
Oh no, I got zombie all over my bat. Now I have to wash the brains off.
Screw that, I'm getting my chain saw. Uh-Oh here comes a zombie.

Join the Brotherhood A Dead Linger Clan

^ Top

Sw1ss4rmy wrote:
Just reminding everyone here ytalking adout medieval armour, platemail is not that hard to walk around in, if you find one that matches your size they can be very comfortable and easy to move around in. Also to wear chain mail (which is heavier than plate) you need lots of padding underneath. Which makes it harder to move in.

I hate to break this to you, but you have it backwards. Plate was a lot clunkier than mail and was originally worn over mail, which in turn was worn over a leather or linen padding armor. As armor technology improved, the mail and leather were eventually removed, but classic plate armor was the clunkiest of the three.

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Zag wrote:
RandomPoem wrote:

Yes, but it's still a game. There has to be some level of item progression or the items are too boring and there's less reason to adventure and explore. We'll keep it subtle.

Does that mean you'll be able to find the same gun as you're already carrying, but with a higher level which would mean it does more damage etc?

I very, very, very much don't hope so.
Listen to space:
http://topaz.streamguys.tv/~spaceweather/

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Spotlighted! (1) Femme's Cookie (2) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
Himmelton wrote:
Zag wrote:
RandomPoem wrote:

Does that mean you'll be able to find the same gun as you're already carrying, but with a higher level which would mean it does more damage etc?

I very, very, very much don't hope so.

That wouldnt even make sense as zombies are headshot only and headshots and insta-death(for zombies also) and I cant imagine that they would make the zombies die realistically but go arcade style for humans
Just a volunteer. Not affiliated with Sandswept Studios.
My channel

^ Top

Back to Top of Page