LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Will there be any? This blog post got me thinking about it. If there is customization, how in-depth will it be? Will everybody look the same or similar or will people make unique(ish) characters?

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1)
Here they talk about character customization it may have what your looking for.
Co-Founder or the Auzzie bazzo's clan Join today!

^ Top

dadey60 wrote:
Here they talk about character customization it may have what your looking for.

Thanks, I was looking for that.

Zag wrote:
To answer a few overlapping questions in short;

players who appear to have more armor, will probably have more armor. The same way you would imagine a guy carrying a sniper would be the sniper (someone mentioned 'roles'), you can assume the heavier, tankier guy is a stronger, tankier character.

Roles will be shown in appearance, but mostly just in clothing. Player customization is something I personally love. You can expect good variety, from gender to skin color to hair style. We are even working on a system for fatter/skinnier and various facial features. (This system will also be used to add lots of variety to our zombies)

So stats will affect how your character looks? Will characters get fatter or skinnier in game? Are we going to be able to change our character's appearance after we create them?

^ Top

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
You will be able to customize your character (male/female, skin tone, face, hair). The rest of the appearance will be determined by what clothing you have equipped. So in the blog post, you see riot gear. That survivor has riot gear equipped.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Zag wrote:
You will be able to customize your character (male/female, skin tone, face, hair). The rest of the appearance will be determined by what clothing you have equipped. So in the blog post, you see riot gear. That survivor has riot gear equipped.

Sweet. What about the fat and muscle levels? Will you set those and will they change based on player stats and whatnot?

^ Top

Pantera9411 wrote:
Sweet. What about the fat and muscle levels? Will you set those and will they change based on player stats and whatnot?

We originally planned for those stats to manifest visually on the player, but it's not something we're doing in alpha, if we end up doing it at all. It's not very important compared to the other work we have to get done.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Just my thought, but I would like a system similar to Brink, minus the light, medium, and heavy.
Why Not?

^ Top

H4Z4RD wrote:
Just my thought, but I would like a system similar to Brink, minus the light, medium, and heavy.

Then find armor and clothing for your character to be light, medium, or heavy.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Zag wrote:

Exactly, plus this makes me think: if you use heavy armor, your characters body should become more muscular, well if you use light not as much.
Why Not?

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Spotlighted! (1) Quality Post (1) Showcased! (2) Backer! (1)
Just curious, on a scale of Halo to APB, how detailed are you aiming for the character customization being at final release?

^ Top

BKDiesel wrote:
Just curious, on a scale of Halo to APB, how detailed are you aiming for the character customization being at final release?

We used quite a bit of APB as reference. Somewhere in the middle, though.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Zag wrote:
BKDiesel wrote:

We used quite a bit of APB as reference. Somewhere in the middle, though.

I liked Halos customization. It had just enough different armor that was all extremely varied and interesting. Plus I liked having colors/emblems customizable.

Speeking of colors: Maybe on each clothing be able to customize its color kind of like Halo 3/Reach?
Why Not?

^ Top

So you can customize your character, does this mean you can change them in the game? And what are the customization options of vehicles? (If there are customization options.... most probably just ditch them after they run out of gas.)
Love thy neighbor, and then take his T.V.

I tried to warn everybody, but they didn't listen... Reposts...

^ Top

Lucky Cat wrote:
So you can customize your character, does this mean you can change them in the game? And what are the customization options of vehicles? (If there are customization options.... most probably just ditch them after they run out of gas.)

Your base character can be customized, but your clothing is determined by equipped items.

Vehicles aren't currently going to be customizable, but they will be modifiable. We'll let you know when we get a lot closer to vehicles. They're quite a bit off compared to other features.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Zag wrote:
Pantera9411 wrote:

We originally planned for those stats to manifest visually on the player, but it's not something we're doing in alpha, if we end up doing it at all. It's not very important compared to the other work we have to get done.

Necro'd

Some other thread left me thinking about appereance.
I know that something like the skinny/medium/bulky type of Brink isn't going to happen in TDL, but that comment left me puzzled...

I remember that somewhere is stated that no such things as the miraculous RPG stats like strength, intelligence, agility exist? So what "stats" are we talking about here that can manifest on your body?

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Darcurse wrote:

Necro'd

Some other thread left me thinking about appereance.
I know that something like the skinny/medium/bulky type of Brink isn't going to happen in TDL, but that comment left me puzzled...

I remember that somewhere is stated that no such things as the miraculous RPG stats like strength, intelligence, agility exist? So what "stats" are we talking about here that can manifest on your body?

im pretty sure they talked about stuff like stamina as in how long you can run, infection resistance, etc not really the big six rpg stats str, dex, con, int, wis cha
No Signature

^ Top

Didn't hear about the possibility to increase other stats permanently either, can't find anything fitting atm via search function, too....?

It's not at issue that there will be stats like hunger, stamina, maybe some kind of a resistance, etc. but also I never heard about a mechanisim except for the perks to improve them (and maybe the skill system which Sandswept is sill thinking about, but no infos atm).
And switching your body build everytime you switch perks....?

Come on, swatelite, dig up the answer to this!

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Zag, I demand wearable monocles and mustaches!

^ Top

Quote:

When you say 'find', do you mean loot? Will we be able to just loot any clothes we see on a zombie/whatever we just shot down, or would we have to go in buildings to find these items?

Edit: Nevermind found it on a different board.
No Signature

^ Top

Bringing back a bit of an old topic here, but I didn't see anyone mention this and thought I'd bring it up. I just saw a video of EVE online's character customization and I think that it would make an even better bar to aim for, rather than APB. It doesnt have the overall customization that APB has, but I think the system is much more precise for creating unique faces, making it better suited for a game like this.

This video can demonstrate it better than I can: Link
No Signature

^ Top

Back to Top of Page