LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Backer! (1)
So many people on threads request silly little things, knowing they're never be added (like zombie chupacabras ), but this is where the mod community comes in. This thread is about what mods you would want to put in the game, purely just for fun. Also, I've done a bit of Bethesda game modding, and am curious whether or not Sandswept will release something like the G.E.C.K to help us get mods out there.
"It's better to live one day as a lion than ten years as a lamb"

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Quality Post (1) Backer! (1)
Zag has said they'll release mod tools at some point (likely late beta or final). But without playing the game and seeing how powerful the mod tools are it's hard to say, might be cool to go all out with some total conversion mods even to make it non-zombie related if the engine would work well with something else. (just imagine what you could potentially make if you reduce it to just a planet sized multiplayer world and build from there)
The Rules | Jackal Mod Manager | Brotherhood of the Dead Clan
Not a Sandswept developer, just a volunteer moderator.

^ Top

Backer! (1)
PEGelite wrote:
Zag has said they'll release mod tools at some point (likely late beta). But without playing the game and seeing how powerful the mod tools are it's hard to say, might be cool to go all out with some total conversion mods even to make non-zombie related if the engine would work well with something else. (just imagine what you could potentially make if you reduce it to just a planet sized multiplayer world and build from there)

For some reason a super boring massive Sim-like game came into my head

^ Top

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
Terminator.

Also, mod support would come after the game is 'done', because we can't update the tools constantly and have you guys editing things while we're still adding features.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Zag wrote:
Terminator.

Also, mod support would come after the game is 'done', because we can't update the tools constantly and have you guys editing things while we're still adding features.

I'll make you a terminator mod zag

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Either a mad max style post apocalyptic mod or something more goofy. Like that roguelike cataclysm, robots, special zombies, mutants, anomalies etc. Basically Land of the Lost meets stalker.
No Signature

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Spotlighted! (1) Femme's Cookie (2) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
WW1 MOD!
All the weapons and items are from the early 1900s, and all the enemies are various soldiers. If you are wearing the uniform of their army (Like wearing an Austria-hungarian uniform) that army wouldnt attack you, but the others still would.
and
SILENT HILL MOD!
Just replace the zombies with meshes of the various silent hill enemies.

But besides the point, seems silly talking about mods at this stage. lol
Just a volunteer. Not affiliated with Sandswept Studios.
My channel

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I guess I will be the one to say it. A mod to change all the zombies and players into ponies, a my little pony mod.
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I was just thinking about sand swept have to work around copyrights and trademarks in names because they're selling the game for profit.

mods aren't sold for profit so I would like to see a mod that gives everything its real names.
just a little peeve I have.
After This is All over, Lets all go down the winchester and have a nice cold pint.

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Spotlighted! (1) Femme's Cookie (2) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
LewisKolb wrote:
I was just thinking about sand swept have to work around copyrights and trademarks in names because they're selling the game for profit.

mods aren't sold for profit so I would like to see a mod that gives everything its real names.
just a little peeve I have.

I would support this. Hell, I made a thread about it.
Just a volunteer. Not affiliated with Sandswept Studios.
My channel

^ Top

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
No Signature

^ Top

Snowy Night wrote:
I guess I will be the one to say it. A mod to change all the zombies and players into ponies, a my little pony mod.

Leave
lol
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
A mod that made it the year 2085 with futuristic weapons, vehicles, surroundings, and stuff like that
An optional 3rd person mode mod
Terminator sounds cool
A mod that makes it an RPG!
A dovahkin mod that gives me a pointy hat and makes me shout at the top of my lungs with no effect! (Or with effect)

A mod that adds celeberities into the game as zombies or as recruitable NPC's or betrayable ones...
Or that with comic/tv show/anime/manga/movie/book characters
And more! (I wrote this already but my connection messed up so I had to rewrite it and i forgot some of the things I wrote... These are the only ones i could remeber...)
zag wrote:
AUDIENCE?! What are you doing posting on the Sandswept forums?

^ Top

Spotlighted! (1) Backer! (1)
Thinking of mods is sort of redundant when you consider the fact that the game is not released yet and we don't know the capabilities of the engine or what the game will have.
Exploration Team of the World, a whople lotta fun.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

^ Top

Backer! (1)
ScottKrieger2015 wrote:
Thinking of mods is sort of redundant when you consider the fact that the game is not released yet and we don't know the capabilities of the engine or what the game will have.

Like i said at the top, this thread is purely for fun

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
I would love to see a horde/survival/firefight/tower defense mod that allows you to fortify a position and fight waves.
Why Not?

^ Top

I would love to see a Fallout style remake mod, with randomly generated npc fortifications. These would contain trader npc's and questgivers. You can trade scavenged supplies with them for ammunition etc but also help them to improve their own fortifications and expand. Also you could convince Npc's to travel with you to start a new base if your affinity gets high enough. All the while gunning down Zed with a gatling gun ;). (or perhaps something similar to the millenaire mod for minecraft)

Aslo a mod maybe with an expanded trap system. With mines, bear traps, punji pits, spikes, fire, carbombs. The list goes on :) to truly help fortify a base and kill Zed.
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I want Avatar
The Nickelodeon show, not the sucky blue-people movie.

^ Top

Backer! (1)
3rd person option no doubt, in fact I wish it was an option for the game anyway, kind of similar to Skyrim where you can switch between the views easily, yes it probably will ruin immersion for some people but it would be an option so they'd have a choice.

Obviously mods for custom clothing and weapons too, and maybe some farming and hunting mods if they aren't in the full game.
Electro Dance Music Mixes, My New Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SirIllin?feature=mhee

^ Top

Backer! (1)
combofix wrote:
I want Avatar
The Nickelodeon show, not the sucky blue-people movie.

That would be a really cool mod for any game!

DeadPixel wrote:
3rd person option no doubt, in fact I wish it was an option for the game anyway, kind of similar to Skyrim where you can switch between the views easily, yes it probably will ruin immersion for some people but it would be an option so they'd have a choice.

That's what I was thinking kind of like Skyrim's option to switch between 1st and 3rd person
zag wrote:
AUDIENCE?! What are you doing posting on the Sandswept forums?

^ Top

Back to Top of Page