LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Hey everybody,

I just recently found this game and it looks amazing and I can't wait for it! The only problem is I'm running sort of an old computer at the moment and was wondering if I'd be able to run it?? If so, I'll gladly buy the alpha version and test it and everything :) If not, I'll be getting a new computer in about 2 years probably (maybe less time) so I'll just have to wait and buy it then, no big deal.

Here's my system:
1.60 GHz
1.49 GB RAM
I don't know what else you'll need to know, spacing on my computer is fine, I have plenty of that. Usually, games don't work on this computer because of one of those two things up there. I do have the latest version of DirectX so that's fine as well.

If anyone has any idea, it'd be of great help and appreciation thanks!!

-- Antonio Megna
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Haha, this question has been asked a lot. There are no specs yet and the devs dont want to say
wat

^ Top

Backer! (1)
I have heard that the games specs will be similar to STALKER games, so check it out on canirunit or similar websites to check on it.

^ Top

Well, if it's going to be the exact same requirements as stalker, the only way I can run it is if I dumb all the settings down to minimum, which I'm okay with. I'll live ;) If it was just a little less than Stalker (instead of 2.0 GHz it'd be 1.6) then I'd be perfect...
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
SeeRed wrote:
Well, if it's going to be the exact same requirements as stalker, the only way I can run it is if I dumb all the settings down to minimum, which I'm okay with. I'll live ;) If it was just a little less than Stalker (instead of 2.0 GHz it'd be 1.6) then I'd be perfect...

That's what I've heard, don't take my word for it.

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Best thing to do is to do what i'm doing.

I run a Macbook Pro 13" so I'm wasting about £400 on a behemoth of a PC in a few months. 4Ghz quad core processor, 16gb ram and a 4gb graphics card. Contemplating running multi-GI rendering too. Just for this tantalising zombie experience!
-Schwarz

^ Top

Spotlighted! (1) Backer! (1)
Schwarzflug wrote:
Best thing to do is to do what i'm doing.

I run a Macbook Pro 13" so I'm wasting about £400 on a behemoth of a PC in a few months. 4Ghz quad core processor, 16gb ram and a 4gb graphics card. Contemplating running multi-GI rendering too. Just for this tantalising zombie experience!

cut that down to 8GBs of RAM, nobody needs 16GBs, and won't for a long time. I would also avoid crossfiring or SLIing, this game is going to be buggy, and I doubt it will run with both cards if you have more than one. Just a few money saving tips, if you want them. My PC cost 800 USD 3 years ago and it will be running games on top setting for around 4-5 more years.
Exploration Team of the World, a whople lotta fun.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

^ Top

Doesn't someone around here have a signature that talks about how 16GB of RAM is for building Skynet?

Also, your specs have nowhere near enough detail for me to know what your system is capable of, but from what you have said, I'm going to say you probably won't be able to do much more than low settings.

^ Top

The game won't be super resource intensive for a long time. They will gradually move up as they develop it. They want lower spec people to be able to play too, so I'm sure you will be safe throughout Alpha and beyond until they get serious about graphics. There's no way to say, as the finished product is too far off to tell.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

^ Top

Alright, well I hope I can play until I get a new computer, then I can really play :) when's it expected to be released?? I saw 6-8 months but I don't know when that was posted.
No Signature

^ Top

SeeRed wrote:
Alright, well I hope I can play until I get a new computer, then I can really play :) when's it expected to be released?? I saw 6-8 months but I don't know when that was posted.

Alpha will be released in October

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

^ Top

Artiste (1) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
The game is under heavy development and it impossible to tell what the requirements are for something that isn't made.

Thats one of the reasons of the alpha, to see what computers can run it and what can't.
So you really will only be seeing a rough answer in a few months. And a deffenitive answer when the game releases. As the requirements can increase or decreased based on what features they add, or remove etc.

So to say anything more would bring false hopes.
-----------
Join the Brotherhood of the Dead A Dead Linger Clan, and visit our website Here

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Spotlighted! (1) Femme's Cookie (2) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
One more thing to add to that list is your video card...

But like everyone said, no specs yet.
Just a volunteer. Not affiliated with Sandswept Studios.
My channel

^ Top

I actually was able to figure out how to find the video card...I think. It says it's an Intel 945 Express Chipset....Chip type: Intel GMA 950 and 64 MB memory size...
No Signature

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Spotlighted! (1) Femme's Cookie (2) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
SeeRed wrote:
I actually was able to figure out how to find the video card...I think. It says it's an Intel 945 Express Chipset....Chip type: Intel GMA 950 and 64 MB memory size...

Same video card I got (Mine is integrated) though I have over twice the ram and twice the processor that you do.
Personally, I am worried that I can't play it too.
Hell, that was my first post on this site, the specs of my laptop and asking if I'll be able to play it.
Here's hoping we can play it.
And here is for a BIG hope that it doesn't do what Amnesia does on my laptop and just say "FATAL ERROR:maybe you need to update your video driver?" (I already did, there are no more updates) I'd rather play it glitchy and slow than see that.
My channel

^ Top

Howell2010 wrote:
SeeRed wrote:

Same video card I got (Mine is integrated) though I have over twice the ram and twice the processor that you do.
Hell, that was my first post on this site, the specs of my laptop and asking if I'll be able to play it.
And here is for a BIG hope that it doesn't do what Amnesia does on my laptop and just say "FATAL ERROR:maybe you need to update your video driver?" (I already did, there are no more updates) I'd rather play it glitchy and slow than see that.

Because Amnesia needs a dedicated video card.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

^ Top

ScottKrieger2015 wrote:
Howell2010 wrote:
SeeRed wrote:

Because Amnesia needs a dedicated video card.

and I really hope that TDL doesnt
My channel

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Quality Post (1) Femme's Cookie (1) Backer! (1)
Okay, they don't have any 'SPECS" for the game just yet.
But they did say they wanted to make it look similar to the 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R' games.

Spoiler: show
Minimum
Windows
Operating system Windows 2000 SP4 or Windows XP SP2
CPU Intel Pentium 4 2 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 2200+
Memory 512 MB
Hard drive space 10 GB of free hard disk space
Graphics hardware NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 128 MB or ATi Radeon 9600 128 MB

Recommended
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 or AMD 64 X2 4200+
1 GB
Hard drive space 10 GB of free hard disk space
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256 MB or ATi Radeon X1950 256 MB

That's the requirements for the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R game.
Please, search the forums prior to posting something.
It has usually been talked about.

Thank you
~Waddlesticks

/Thread
|-| TDL-FAQ |-| Suggestion-Archive |-| General-FAQ |-| Forum-Rules |-|
I am not a Sandswept developer. Just a Volunteer Mod!
Or send me a PM if you need any help!

My clan: Auzzie Bazzos

^ Top

Back to Top of Page