LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
Hello Survivors!
We have rolled out a tasty Hotfix 10g for The Dead Linger alpha! We'd recommend restarting your Steam client to receive this update (or verifying game cache), if it does not automatically update on its own. Patch notes below!

Patch Notes for Hotfix 10g - "World Saving and Loading Fixes"

- NOTE: You will be required to create a fresh, new world in order to take advantage of these changes.
- LARGE: Tons of fixes to the way worlds save and load data. Worlds should be replayable many times over without incident.
- Zombies, furniture, and more now properly save in the correct positions when reloading the world.
- Survivors should return to the same place they left off at in an existing world.
- Barricades and nailed wood should no longer disappear when returning to the area or reloading your world.
- Framerate should no longer suffer when rejoining an existing world.
- Disconnecting from a Solo Mode game should no longer yield in crazy crashes. There is now a brief popup when disconnecting from Solo Mode.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- Multiplayer in general is very buggy. We'll be spending some substantial time on the multiplayer in Hotfix 10h, starting tomorrow!
- Some survivors experience black screen with hands and nothing else. If you experience this issue, run in Fullscreen instead of Windowed Mode.
- Zombies are sometimes unresponsive or otherwise braindead. (Hah. Hah.) We are working on their AI and will be doing some bigger overhauls on it in the near future.
- Sometimes the Settings menus get overlapped or crazy. Just press the ESC key once or twice, or three times, or four times, or until the screen is back to normal.
- Sometimes disconnecting from a game yields in a freeze/crash. You may have to CTRL+ALT+DEL, ALT+F4, or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to kill TDL.exe and then restart it.
- Guns do not always reload or fire properly and are missing recoil. We will be updating the game to fix these issues in the near future.
- The game and framerate will sometimes stutter for a short duration, especially when coming up on a town or new area.
- Sometimes buildings will forget to spawn. Sometimes loot inside buildings will forget to spawn. The buildings want you to know they're sorry. If you experience this issue, curse loudly at the aformentioned buildings and then start a fresh, new world.
- Lots of other obvious issues. (Welcome to Alpha!)

As usual, please report bugs on our Support & Bug Reporting forum.

We are going to hotfix for a couple more days, bringing more and more features, fixes, and content that was leftover from the Big Engine Change. After we are satisfied, prepare yourselves for Build 11 - The Hunting Update!

Linger on, Survivors!
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Next hotfix: Multiplayer synchronization between survivors.

Hotfix after that: Guns, guns, guns!
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

I got this game back in build 008 and was a fan in the first five minutes. I'm am flat impressed with the quick progress with 010, and can't wait for the multiplayer and guns fix :) (Scopes and iron sights get fixed, i hope)

-off topic-: do the devs look at steam public photos for bugs? i've been posting some, formatted like *BUG-BUILD###* also pushing furniture (MidMouseButton) like couches or refridgerators or hay bales quit working, i'm not shure if it's intentional.
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
fences confirmed for secret midnight update
wat

^ Top

RedRaptor wrote:
-off topic-: do the devs look at steam public photos for bugs? i've been posting some, formatted like *BUG-BUILD###* also pushing furniture (MidMouseButton) like couches or refridgerators or hay bales quit working, i'm not shure if it's intentional.

If you post it in our Bugs & Support forum, yes, it will definitely be seen.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Zag wrote:
- Survivors should return to the same place they left off at in an existing world.

Not working for me. When I created a new world and tried to build something the mouse cursor left the window all the time(REALLY annoying) so I restarted the game to change the resolution and when I loaded the world I got a "refreshing the world" loading screen after the normal loading screen and got teleported to some unknown area.

Edit: Also, the death animation seems to be bugged. I saw ~10 zombies standing halfway in the ground.
No Signature

^ Top

yeah, great patch!! I cant not wait for teh next patch!! :P
No Signature

^ Top

Sweet! I have to say. I am highly impressed with Sandswept! Yall (sorry i'm from texas) Are extremely involved with the community and I hope that never changes! great update and I can not wait for the sync and gun updates!!! I like how dedicated Sandswept is in rolling out these updates.
Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!
Vicariously I live while the whole world dies. Much better you than I.

^ Top

Most dedicated devs I've seen in a long time!
Tasos, Notch, Rocket, Wollay, and many more should really take notice.

Sandswept, you're awesome <3
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
My body is ready for the guns update
"It's better to live one day as a lion than ten years as a lamb"

^ Top

You guys are so dedicated with this, it's a really great thing to see :)

I also like how you guys don't hide about being indie and don't lie about what the game is... unlike some other zombie game which we all know about ;)
No Signature

^ Top

This update is great for continuity of gameplay, now i can build a barricade without worrying about if i'm wasting my time.
Nobody cares what's in your sig.

^ Top

This update makes me happy. I always had an issue with rejoining my friend's world
No Signature

^ Top

Alianbow wrote:
This update makes me happy. I always had an issue with rejoining my friend's world

Well, bear in mind multiplayer (which we're looking into today) is still a bit buggy. Solo world load/save should be much better now. (and better for the host, anyway.)
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1)
at this rate you'll run out of letters before 11
When I grow up I want to be bitter and spiteful.

^ Top

Been playing this game for only a short time now since 10e I think. Stoked with how many hotfixes/updates it gets. Seems like every day this week when I get home from work there's something new to look forward to--bout to fire up 10g now and check it out!
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Zag wrote:
Hotfix after that: Guns, guns, guns!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmOfcXlbv1U
No Signature

^ Top

So many Hotfixes... So little time...
I know lua, C++ and a little bit of C. Semi fluent in German, and can swear profusely in Italian, and is grade 7 at the drums. An ex-crack-addict, and proud.

^ Top

Hey :D i don't really know if i am the only one or not but the ammo isn't showing the number of the ammo inside of it so i can't use the weapon, if i press left mouse button it makes an animation the same if i press r for reloade, i got the game on steam and only got it for 2 days now but i saw videos were the ammo was showing there so something is wrong, i already reinstalled the game and stuff like that, it would be nice if someone could help me to fix this.
No Signature

^ Top

KlasterCombo wrote:
Hey :D i don't really know if i am the only one or not but the ammo isn't showing the number of the ammo inside of it so i can't use the weapon, if i press left mouse button it makes an animation the same if i press r for reloade, i got the game on steam and only got it for 2 days now but i saw videos were the ammo was showing there so something is wrong, i already reinstalled the game and stuff like that, it would be nice if someone could help me to fix this.

We are working on gun bugs in Hotfix 10i -- after Hotfix 10h is released.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Back to Top of Page