We have rolled out a tasty Hotfix 10g for The Dead Linger alpha! We'd recommend restarting your Steam client to receive this update (or verifying game cache), if it does not automatically update on its own. Patch notes below!Patch Notes for Hotfix 10g
- "World Saving and Loading Fixes"
- NOTE: You will be required to create a fresh, new world in order to take advantage of these changes.
- LARGE: Tons of fixes to the way worlds save and load data. Worlds should be replayable many times over without incident.
- Zombies, furniture, and more now properly save in the correct positions when reloading the world.
- Survivors should return to the same place they left off at in an existing world.
- Barricades and nailed wood should no longer disappear when returning to the area or reloading your world.
- Framerate should no longer suffer when rejoining an existing world.
- Disconnecting from a Solo Mode game should no longer yield in crazy crashes. There is now a brief popup when disconnecting from Solo Mode.KNOWN ISSUES:
- Multiplayer in general is very buggy. We'll be spending some substantial time on the multiplayer in Hotfix 10h, starting tomorrow!
- Some survivors experience black screen with hands and nothing else. If you experience this issue, run in Fullscreen instead of Windowed Mode.
- Zombies are sometimes unresponsive or otherwise braindead. (Hah. Hah.) We are working on their AI and will be doing some bigger overhauls on it in the near future.
- Sometimes the Settings menus get overlapped or crazy. Just press the ESC key once or twice, or three times, or four times, or until the screen is back to normal.
- Sometimes disconnecting from a game yields in a freeze/crash. You may have to CTRL+ALT+DEL, ALT+F4, or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to kill TDL.exe and then restart it.
- Guns do not always reload or fire properly and are missing recoil. We will be updating the game to fix these issues in the near future.
- The game and framerate will sometimes stutter for a short duration, especially when coming up on a town or new area.
- Sometimes buildings will forget to spawn. Sometimes loot inside buildings will forget to spawn. The buildings want you to know they're sorry. If you experience this issue, curse loudly at the aformentioned buildings and then start a fresh, new world.
- Lots of other obvious issues. (Welcome to Alpha!)
As usual, please report bugs on our Support & Bug Reporting forum.
We are going to hotfix for a couple more days, bringing more and more features, fixes, and content that was leftover from the Big Engine Change. After we are satisfied, prepare yourselves for Build 11 - The Hunting Update!
Linger on, Survivors!