We have rolled out a tasty Hotfix 10f for The Dead Linger alpha! We'd recommend restarting your Steam client to receive this update (or verifying game cache), if it does not automatically update on its own. Patch notes below!Patch Notes for Hotfix 10f
- "First Person Animations, Zombies, and More!"
- LARGE: Tons of animations are now in, but not entirely tweaked. Some items will still be held a bit wrong and there are a couple animation bugs, but most animations will now play in the proper places. Enjoy!
- LARGE: Zombie count has been drastically increased across the world. Good luck out there.
- Zombies should no longer be stuck bobbing their heads in a never-ending knockback animation.
- Zombies should now attack about 3 times faster than they did before. (Don't hate them for it, they're just rendered that way.)
- Backpacks now auto-equip if you do not have a backpack equipped.
- Fixed a bug where survivors could spawn extremely close to where they died. Now they will spawn a minimum of 100 meters away.
- The console key (default ~ TILDE/BACKQUOTE) can now be remapped. This was specially added for non-QWERTY keyboard users, and users who harness unbridled hate towards the tilde key.
- The X in the top right of the backpack inventory now works and will close the backpack when clicked.
- Fixed a bug where the game would crash if you put a space on the end of a world name.
- Stance (crouch/stand) indicator in the bottom left is now 25% smaller.
- Fixed a bug where the Uinta rifle would not zoom in.
- Upgraded mouse cursor (zombie hand) up to new Unity 4.0 standards.KNOWN ISSUES:
- Some survivors experience black screen with hands and nothing else. If you experience this issue, run in Fullscreen instead of Windowed Mode.
- Zombies are sometimes unresponsive or otherwise braindead. (Hah. Hah.) We are working on their AI and will be doing some bigger overhauls on it in the near future.
- Sometimes the Settings menus get overlapped or crazy. Just press the ESC key once or twice, or three times, or four times, or until the screen is back to normal.
- Sometimes disconnecting from a game yields in a freeze/crash. You may have to CTRL+ALT+DEL, ALT+F4, or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to kill TDL.exe and then restart it.
- Reloading worlds from disk may cause problems such as duplicate items, lower framerate, and more.
- Guns do not always reload or fire properly and are missing recoil. We will be updating the game to fix these issues in the near future.
- The game and framerate will sometimes stutter for a short duration, especially when coming up on a town or new area.
- Survivors getting far apart in multiplayer will experience some funky bugs.
- Multiplayer in general is very buggy. We'll be spending some substantial time on multiplayer in the very near future.
- Sometimes buildings will forget to spawn. Sometimes loot inside buildings will forget to spawn. The buildings want you to know they're sorry. If you experience this issue, curse loudly at the aformentioned buildings and then start a fresh, new world.
- Lots of other obvious issues. (Welcome to Alpha!)
As usual, please report bugs on our Support & Bug Reporting forum.
We are going to hotfix for a couple more days, bringing more and more features, fixes, and content that was leftover from the Big Engine Change. We are looking at world Load/Save, multiplayer sync, and a few other issues (specifically ensuring guns all work properly.)
After we are satisfied, prepare yourselves for Build 11 - The Hunting Update.
Linger on, Survivors!