LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
Hello Survivors!
We have rolled out a tasty Hotfix 10f for The Dead Linger alpha! We'd recommend restarting your Steam client to receive this update (or verifying game cache), if it does not automatically update on its own. Patch notes below!

Patch Notes for Hotfix 10f - "First Person Animations, Zombies, and More!"

- LARGE: Tons of animations are now in, but not entirely tweaked. Some items will still be held a bit wrong and there are a couple animation bugs, but most animations will now play in the proper places. Enjoy!
- LARGE: Zombie count has been drastically increased across the world. Good luck out there.
- Zombies should no longer be stuck bobbing their heads in a never-ending knockback animation.
- Zombies should now attack about 3 times faster than they did before. (Don't hate them for it, they're just rendered that way.)
- Backpacks now auto-equip if you do not have a backpack equipped.
- Fixed a bug where survivors could spawn extremely close to where they died. Now they will spawn a minimum of 100 meters away.
- The console key (default ~ TILDE/BACKQUOTE) can now be remapped. This was specially added for non-QWERTY keyboard users, and users who harness unbridled hate towards the tilde key.
- The X in the top right of the backpack inventory now works and will close the backpack when clicked.
- Fixed a bug where the game would crash if you put a space on the end of a world name.
- Stance (crouch/stand) indicator in the bottom left is now 25% smaller.
- Fixed a bug where the Uinta rifle would not zoom in.
- Upgraded mouse cursor (zombie hand) up to new Unity 4.0 standards.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- Some survivors experience black screen with hands and nothing else. If you experience this issue, run in Fullscreen instead of Windowed Mode.
- Zombies are sometimes unresponsive or otherwise braindead. (Hah. Hah.) We are working on their AI and will be doing some bigger overhauls on it in the near future.
- Sometimes the Settings menus get overlapped or crazy. Just press the ESC key once or twice, or three times, or four times, or until the screen is back to normal.
- Sometimes disconnecting from a game yields in a freeze/crash. You may have to CTRL+ALT+DEL, ALT+F4, or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to kill TDL.exe and then restart it.
- Reloading worlds from disk may cause problems such as duplicate items, lower framerate, and more.
- Guns do not always reload or fire properly and are missing recoil. We will be updating the game to fix these issues in the near future.
- The game and framerate will sometimes stutter for a short duration, especially when coming up on a town or new area.
- Survivors getting far apart in multiplayer will experience some funky bugs.
- Multiplayer in general is very buggy. We'll be spending some substantial time on multiplayer in the very near future.
- Sometimes buildings will forget to spawn. Sometimes loot inside buildings will forget to spawn. The buildings want you to know they're sorry. If you experience this issue, curse loudly at the aformentioned buildings and then start a fresh, new world.
- Lots of other obvious issues. (Welcome to Alpha!)

As usual, please report bugs on our Support & Bug Reporting forum.

We are going to hotfix for a couple more days, bringing more and more features, fixes, and content that was leftover from the Big Engine Change. We are looking at world Load/Save, multiplayer sync, and a few other issues (specifically ensuring guns all work properly.)

After we are satisfied, prepare yourselves for Build 11 - The Hunting Update.

Linger on, Survivors!
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

YES!!!!!!! thanks devs, for all your work, i wonder if the barricades dissapearing issue is fixed, time to try it out 10f :D
No Signature

^ Top

spaz_out wrote:
i wonder if the barricades dissapearing issue is fixed, time to try it out 10f :D

Not yet; be sure to read the patch notes.

Tomorrow we will be working on world load/save/store stuff, which will include the barricade disappearance glitch. (That will be Hotfix 10g)
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

It seems that when I try to switch weapons it switches between backpacks. Yes I now have 2 backpacks lol.
HI

^ Top

kenny409 wrote:
It seems that when I try to switch weapons it switches between backpacks. Yes I now have 2 backpacks lol.

idkwtf.

Actually, I think I do know why that is. Added to bug list. Thanks!
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Really diggin the frequency of these hotfixes guys. Cheers!
No Signature

^ Top

Awesome work Zag!

Get that draw distance/fog in the next patch for us who want a little more performance though! ;)
No Signature

^ Top

Zag wrote:
- The console key (default ~ TILDE/BACKQUOTE) can now be remapped. This was specially added for non-QWERTY keyboard users, and users who harness unbridled hate towards the tilde key.

YES! Thanks a lot :D
No Signature

^ Top

For those interested --

Timeframe for hotfixes and Build 11:
Wednesday (As I post this - technically at 2 AM on Thursday) - 10f released.
Thursday - 10g - World save/load issues.
Friday - 10h - Multiplayer sync issues.
Saturday - 10i - Gun issues.
Sunday - Rest? (Maybe...)
Monday - Begin Build 11.

This is, of course, assuming that 10g, 10h, and 10i only take one day each, which is entirely unknown at this time. We are hitting some of the largest issues next, and those are quite literally black holes of unknown bugs and scary issues. We don't know how long they'll take, but we're hoping to make substantial progress in a single day.

So about 2 weeks after Monday you can expect Build 11 - the Hunting update - to release.

Enjoy that intel, folks.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Keep the good work you mighty devs :)
Do not be afraid of the dark, but what comes along with it.

^ Top

Will we see linux and mac support with 11? maybe 12? i cant play because i dont have windows installed :(
No Signature

^ Top

INdek wrote:
Will we see linux and mac support with 11? maybe 12? i cant play because i dont have windows installed :(

Can't say for sure just when yet.

Also, look into Bootcamp or Wine - those may help you play in the meantime. (Just know that we don't offer any official support for them.)
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Also, please fix that annoying bug with screen bobbing! When sprinting for ages over land it seems when you stop the screen still bobs up and down like crazy even when standing still.. It's REALLY annoying :(
No Signature

^ Top

Aydan wrote:
Also, please fix that annoying bug with screen bobbing! When sprinting for ages over land it seems when you stop the screen still bobs up and down like crazy even when standing still.. It's REALLY annoying :(

It's not really a bug, though the values might be too high. If you are low on stamina your camera bob is increased when breathing heavily. I will look into add more options for this, and tweaking it.

If you are finding outrageous camera bob that is clearly not intended, please report it in the bug report forum.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Can you increase size of towns again please?
few houses -> forest -> few houses -> forest just doesn't feel good imo
(compared to 009 where the towns were gigantic)
No Signature

^ Top

Zag wrote:
Aydan wrote:

It's not really a bug, though the values might be too high. If you are low on stamina your camera bob is increased when breathing heavily. I will look into add more options for this, and tweaking it.

If you are finding outrageous camera bob that is clearly not intended, please report it in the bug report forum.

It's extreme bobbing though, and it continuously loops even when standing still for ages.
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
HUNTING UPDATE IS ACTUALLY A CODENAME FOR 'FENCES UPDATE'

fences confirmed
wat

^ Top

Sir Muffin wrote:
HUNTING UPDATE IS ACTUALLY A CODENAME FOR 'FENCES UPDATE'

fences confirmed

I hope!
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/GamingReality1 Go see my Youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/GamingReality100/videos

^ Top

yay for the console button.....

But now a old problem is back...te temp of my gpu is going up to over 80°C again....before HF10ee it was also that high, after the HF 10ee it going down to around 60°C.

Is there a chance to setup more graphic details like vsync ON/OFF ?

keep up the good work !
No Signature

^ Top

I don't see it mentioned here. I just noticed that the zombies will crawl in a window, then "slide" back out and repeat this forever. However if I interfere with them they will stand up and be fine in the house.

You guys are doing a fantastic job, Please keep it up!
No Signature

^ Top

Back to Top of Page