LOGIN or Create a Sandswept Legion Account

Sandswept Staff (1) Founder of Sandswept (1) Forum Super User (1)
Hello Survivors!
Build 009 is out, and we're all exhausted. It is incredible.

Blog Post with Dev Vlog and Patch Notes: http://www.thedeadlinger.com/archives/1940

The patch is 71 MB.

Enjoy.
- Geoff
Lead Designer / Lead Writer for The Dead Linger
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Spotlighted! (1)
Installing immediately!
I'm a furry and proud of it.

My birthday is on Jule 6th and I LOVE Crown Shorts!

That is all.

^ Top

Spotlighted! (1) Backer! (1)
...Can you use a bit of that money you got and buy me a pair of used pants from goodwill or something? Mine are... Well....
Exploration Team of the World, a whople lotta fun.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

^ Top

This is a nice surprise while browsing the forums.
No Signature

^ Top

Spotlighted! (1) Backer! (1)
Wow, I don't remember it being this difficult XD

I reloaded 4 different worlds, and the same situation occurred every time.

Spawn in the middle of nowhere, go to a town, get a train going behind be, can't find anywhere safe, die, respawn, rinse and repeat.

Those fast zombies are a serious pain the ass.

Hopefully I'll be able to actually test barricading soon!

OH! I forgot. The first time I spawned, I spawned inside a staircase in the new office building.
Exploration Team of the World, a whople lotta fun.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

^ Top

The Fast zombies are a pain. The Zombie aggro is still a bit to high. I spawn and die not even making noise or doing anything not even sprinting. I have also crashed a lot. But can't wait to test barricading if these zombies can get off my back! I have not been able to test new features besides fall damage (having to run away from all the zombies out windows and such).
No Signature

^ Top

We will likely make some hotfix balance changes. The game might have gotten slightly too hard. ;)

Leave your feedback, we're listening!
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Original Member (11/30/2011) (1) Backer! (1)
I still think gunshots don't attract zombies far enough. However, zombies are very good at finding where you spawn.
Perhaps add a hotfix that make you invisible to zombies until you move?

Also, PLEASE add a command so i can change the time of day. My laptop monitor is not very good, and I can see NOTHING at night. I wish to test the barricading, but haven't been able to yet.

Thanks for the update! I posted in the bug forums also. I have been finding bugs, and recording them, but can't really do much with a black screen ;)
F*** it! I'll do it live!

My Dead Linger Screenshots

^ Top

Yes, a little balancing may be needed. Currently the zombies seem to see me before I can see them. If they are facing away from you, you can get about as close as you could before without them noticing. It almost seems like they can see you from farther away then they would hear a gunshot now. While I haven't tested this it seems pretty extreme.
No Signature

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Quality Post (1) Backer! (1)
Shaby wrote:
Also, PLEASE add a command so i can change the time of day. My laptop monitor is not very good, and I can see NOTHING at night. I wish to test the barricading, but haven't been able to yet.

After gaining admin powers ("/login default") you just need to do "/setday TIME" where time is "noon", "dusk", "midnight", or "dawn".
The Rules | Jackal Mod Manager | Brotherhood of the Dead Clan
Not a Sandswept developer, just a volunteer moderator.

^ Top

Shaby wrote:
I still think gunshots don't attract zombies far enough. However, zombies are very good at finding where you spawn.
Perhaps add a hotfix that make you invisible to zombies until you move?

You actually don't attract zombies for a 10-15 seconds after respawning. They're probably just spotting you. (We improved their eyesight, possibly too much. We're working on some balance changes soon.) The gunshots were increased quite a bit. Try firing a gun in a crowded town - it gets pretty crazy pretty quickly.

Shaby wrote:

Sounds like PEG answered your question. Are you using the flashlight (V key) as well? You should be able to see at least the lit area at night - as intended. If not, PEG posted the command to change time of day.

Enjoy!
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
Wow, it's amazing to see how far this game's coming along! Keep up the amazing work! Also, that deer, oh my god!

^ Top

Community Moderator (1) Spotlighted! (1) Femme's Cookie (2) Showcased! (1) Backer! (1)
Bloody hell that was difficult. My Patch notes video is 41 minutes long, and it took me a good 4 hours to make it. Seriously, you guys are making my job more difficult each patch. lol

The zombies are awesome. They are extremely hard and scary, and (aside from making a video) I love it.

The barricading system is one of the best things I have seen. I was never interested in the barricading, but by god I LOVE it! I spent a good 2-3 hours just now nailing wood to a cabin (which took me 4 hours to find)
and the textures on the wood are amazing! The textures on the houses are amazing! The textures on the office are...well... it feels like it is mostly untextured...but everything else is amazing!

Screw the zombie apocalypse, WOOD SIM 2013!
Just a volunteer. Not affiliated with Sandswept Studios.
My channel

^ Top

Ive somehow set my TDL to the argument -no update
How do i fix this?
No Signature

^ Top

Martinoso wrote:
How do i fix this?

Check your shortcut properties, "Target:" line will have -no update after it possibly?

Also, run as administrator to be on the safe side.
- Geoff
Follow me on Twitter!

^ Top

Zag wrote:
Martinoso wrote:
How do i fix this?

Check your shortcut properties, "Target:" line will have -no update after it possibly?

Also, run as administrator to be on the safe side.

ALright, how do i do this?
No Signature

^ Top

Backer! (1)
Zag wrote:
We will likely make some hotfix balance changes. The game might have gotten slightly too hard. ;)

that's bad because?

also i know it's in work of course, but i do hope the final cutting of trees won't end up as the minecraft like aproach where it automatically turns into nicely chooped smooth pieces.
"It's better to live one day as a lion than ten years as a lamb"

^ Top

Spotlighted! (1)
Zag wrote:

please dont make it easier.
Its just extremly fun now. Its horror!
I think most player here apreciate the high difficulty
No Signature

^ Top

horscht wrote:
Zag wrote:

It is too difficult. I can not try barricading when stepping from my respawn point 20 zombies immediately run after me. Maybe reduce the amount of zombies? That would be nice.
No Signature

^ Top

Spotlighted! (1)
Munitionn wrote:
horscht wrote:
Zag wrote:

It is too difficult. I can not try barricading when stepping from my respawn point 20 zombies immediately run after me. Maybe reduce the amount of zombies? That would be nice.

I think lower aggrorange would be the better Solution. I think thats what they will do.
No Signature

^ Top

Back to Top of Page